The color of blue stars

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
Ann
4725 Å

The color of blue stars

Post by Ann » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:51 am

Can't resist this, sorry. This picture of an old SAAB shows the color of blue stars, in my opinion. At least their color generally looks this way through a telescope.

Actually the SAAB is a little bluer than it looks in this picture. A white car next to it would have shown off its blue-white color better.

Ann
Color Commentator

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Re: The color of blue stars

Post by Chris Peterson » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Ann wrote:Can't resist this, sorry. This picture of an old SAAB shows the color of blue stars, in my opinion. At least their color generally looks this way through a telescope.

Actually the SAAB is a little bluer than it looks in this picture. A white car next to it would have shown off its blue-white color better.
Close. In my experience, defocusing the telescope a little will increase the saturation quite a bit, if the star is reasonably bright.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:23 pm

A car like that one used to be parked on my street. Every time I saw it I said to myself, "That's the Star Car!" :D

Ann
Color Commentator

Moonlady
Selenian

Post by Moonlady » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:04 pm

The car is very polite!

It says MFG, which is used in Germany for : mit freundlichen Grüßen (literally: with friendly greetings) with kind regards or sincerely...

My father had an azur colored Opel Astra, every second year, we drove with it full packed to Turkey, it took us three days to reach our village.

The car was the star, people payed a lot of attention to it since there were not many cars in the early 80s in the Anatolian desert :D

saturno2
Commander

Post by saturno2 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:04 am

Ahh, the SAAB car, is a very good car, and with a special sound, too.