Shall I compare this day to a summer's day? Oh yes!

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
Ann
4725 Å

Shall I compare this day to a summer's day? Oh yes!

Post by Ann » Sun May 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Source: karlekochpolitik.blogg.se
Today was the first day of summer here in southern Sweden! In Malmö it looked something like this today!

But I cycled to Tirups Örtagård, the Herbs Garden of Tirup.

For the first time this year I didn't wear a jacket. I wore a cotton light blue cardigan with embroidered pink and blue flowers, which made me feel like a blue galaxy with scattered pink star emission nebulae! :D But it soon got so hot that I had to take it off!
As I cycled through the landscape of southern Skåne, sweet scents of spring wafted towards me. I passed opulently yellow rape fields, and I thought that if I had been a bumblebee, I would have been dizzy and delirious with such intoxicating cornucopias of bumblebee nectar treats!
Photo: Aron Tanti

Yuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
uummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I saw and heard quite a lot of birds, not least swallows, these harbingers of summer. They dipped and looped and turned and showed off their aerial acrobatics.
Photo: Ulrika Nilsson/TV4.se

When I arrived at Tirups Örtagård, a lot of other people had had the same bright idea!

All the tables in the garden were taken, so I decided to sit in the cosy little house from, I think, the early 19th century, and eat my chicken breast with roast potatoes and an apple and walnut tzatziki inside.
Source: Midwestliving.com

Tirups Örtagård also makes nice cakes, and I could have ordered a sage and pineapple cake or a geranium cake, if I had wanted to! But I had some truffle cake instead! :-D :chomp: :-D

Ann
Color Commentator

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Re: Shall I compare this day to a summer's day? Oh yes!

Post by Beyond » Sun May 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Ooh, sounds like a v-e-r-y n-i-c-e day! Tzatziki :?: Doesn't quite sound Swedish to me. :D
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

saturno2
Commander

Re: Shall I compare this day to a summer's day? Oh yes!

Post by saturno2 » Mon May 21, 2012 1:26 am

Ann
The photos are very good, especially the birds and flowers.
" Tirups Ortagard also makes nice cakes." I really cakes, very much!