No Alien Visits or UFO Coverups

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

No Alien Visits or UFO Coverups

Post by neufer » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:11 pm

http://www.universetoday.com/90717/no-alien-visits-or-ufo-coverups-white-house-says/#more-90717 wrote:
No Alien Visits or UFO Coverups, White House Says
by Nancy Atkinson on November 5, 2011

<<The White House has responded to two petitions asking the US government to formally acknowledge that aliens have visited Earth and to disclose to any intentional withholding of government interactions with extraterrestrial beings. “The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race,” said Phil Larson from the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy, on the WhiteHouse.gov website. “In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public’s eye.”

5,387 people had signed the petition for immediately disclosing the government’s knowledge of and communications with extraterrestrial beings, and 12,078 signed the request for a formal acknowledgement from the White House that extraterrestrials have been engaging the human race.

“Hundreds of military and government agency witnesses have come forward with testimony confirming this extraterrestrial presence,” the second petition states. “Opinion polls now indicate more than 50% of the American people believe there is an extraterrestrial presence and more than 80% believe the government is not telling the truth about this phenomenon. The people have a right to know. The people can handle the truth.”

These petitions come from an Obama Administration initiative called ‘We the People’ which has White House staffers respond and consider taking action on any issue that receives at least 25,000 online signatures. Regarding these two petitions, the White House promised to respond if the petitions got 17,000 or more signatures by Oct. 22.

Larson stressed that the facts show that there is no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth. He pointed out that even though many scientists have come to the conclusion that the odds of life somewhere else in the Universe are fairly high, the chance that any of them are making contact with humans are extremely small, given the distances involved.

But that doesn’t mean we aren’t searching, there is just no evidence yet. Larson mentioned SETI (correctly noting that this at first was a NASA effort, but is now funded privately) keeping an “ear” out for signals from any intelligent extraterrestrials, with none found so far. He also added that the Kepler spacecraft is searching for Earth-like planets in the habitable zones around other stars, and that the Curiosity rover will launch to Mars this month to “assess what the Martian environment was like in the past to see if it could have harbored life.”

Regarding any evidence for alien life, all anyone has now is “statistics and speculation,” said Larson. “The fact is we have no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth.”>>
Art Neuendorffer

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Re: No Alien Visits or UFO Coverups

Post by geckzilla » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:18 am

Surprising that they even bothered to respond to the petitions. The more it's denied, the more conspirative the conspiracy!
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:57 am

I saw that too, and thought it was interesting. When we are talking about alien visitations, I entirely agree with Carl Sagan: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Let me put it like this:

1) We humans have learnt to build a lot of things that can fly in the Earth's atmosphere. We are fully capable of building flying stuff that looks a bit weird when it flies.

2) Some of the vast number of human-built things that fly in the sky will fall down and crash on the ground. Some of the debris will look strange, too.

3) The human mind is not always able to interpret correctly what it sees. There are large numbers of reasons for that. I once saw Venus appear for the first time in months, after it had been hidden in the glare of the Sun for an extended period and after we had had a long stretch of overcast weather in southern Sweden. Venus hung very low on the western horizon just below a large cloud bank, looking unnaturally bright. I wondered what people who didn't realize it was Venus would make of this strange sight. The next day my local paper reported that there had been dozens of UFO reports that night.

4) We have found no positive evidence of life away from the Earth.

5) We know without a doubt that there is no advanced civilization in our own Solar system apart from ourselves.

6) We know with reasonable certainty that there is no star closer to our Solar system than the Alpha Centauri system at about 4.2 light-years away, although we can't dismiss the possibility that there might be a very dim red dwarf or an even dimmer brown dwarf that is closer. However, even an extremely nearby but undetected dim red dwarf of a brown dwarf is probably still at least a light-year away.

5) We have not detected any planets around any of the components of Alpha Centauri, even though we can't dismiss the possibility that such planets may be there.

6) The fact that we can't dismiss the possibility that any of the components of Alpha Centauri has planets doesn't prove that one or more of the components of Alpha Centauri actually has planets.

7) Even if there are planets around one or more of the components of Alpha Centauri doesn't necessarily mean that any of these planets are habitable. Of the more than 400 extra-solar planets that have been found, most are definitely inhabitable and a few just might be habitable.

8) Just because a planet is habitable doesn't mean it can produce an advanced space-faring civilization. In our own Solar system, Mars is definitely a habitable planet. We have every reason to believe, however, that Mars has never produced more life than, at best, some bacteria.

9) We can be close to 100% certain that no advanced alien life has its home planet closer to us than 4.2 light-years, assuming that there is advanced alien life somewhere in the Alpha Centauri system.

10) Just because we can't dismiss the possibility that there might be advanced alien life in the Alpha Centauri system most definitely doesn't prove that there is.

11) Since there is no advanced civilization apart from ourselves in our own Solar system, any intelligent aliens who visit us must have traveled several light-years to come to the Earth.

12) If these aliens are capable of traveling several light-years in a spaceship and survive the trip, then they must be in possession of a technology that is totally superior to our own.

13) What reason do we have to think that these putative aliens, who would have traveled several light-years by using a technology that is totally superior to our own, would come to the Earth only to stupidly crash here and have their presence covered up by the (comparatively) primitive US government?

14) What is the likelihood that all the UFO reports can be explained by other things than actual visits from intelligent aliens from light-years away?

I would answer qeustion #14 by saying that it its overwhelmingly likely that no UFO that has ever been spotted here on the Earth has actually been an alien spacecraft.

Perhaps I'm wrong. But my answer is that those who believe that aliens are actually visiting us are those who must provide the positive evidence.

No, let me amend that. Those who put forth the extraordinary claim that aliens are actually visiting us are those who must provide the extraordinary evidence.

Ann
Last edited by Ann on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Color Commentator

neufer

Post by neufer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:16 am

geckzilla wrote:
Surprising that they even bothered to respond to the petitions.
The more it's denied, the more conspirative the conspiracy!
Au contraire, mon ami.

The more it's suppressed, the more conspirative the conspiracy!
---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.velikovsky.info/Carl_Sagan wrote:
Click to play embedded YouTube video.
Scientists Confront Velikovsky (Proceedings)

Sagan's paper entitled "An Analysis of Worlds in Collision", appeared in the proceedings of the AAAS conference book Scientists Confront Velikovsky (1977). Sagan wrote:
  • "My own strongly held view is that no matter how unorthodox the reasoning process or how unpalatable the conclusions, there is no excuse for any attempt to suppress new ideas, least of all by scientists committed to the free exchange of ideas. Therefore I was very pleased that the AAAS agreed to hold this discussion. In reading the critical literature on Worlds in Collision, I am surprised at how little of it there is and how rarely it approaches the central points of Velikovsky's thesis. In fact, I seem to find that neither the critics nor the proponents of Velikovsky have read him carefully; and I even seem to find some cases where Velikovsky has not read Velikovsky carefully. Perhaps this publication will help to clarify the issues."
-----------------------------------------------
A revised and expanded version of the paper appears in Sagan's book, Broca's Brain in a chapter "Venus and Dr Velikovsky".
Cosmos

In his thirteen part TV series, Cosmos: A Personal Voyage (1978-1979), Sagan briefly discusses Velikovsky in Episode 4: "Heaven and Hell" in a section on Venus, and mentioned him in the book of the series, Cosmos:
  • "Many hypotheses proposed by scientists as well as non-scientists turn out to be wrong. But science is a self-correcting enterprise. To be accepted, all new ideas must survive rigorous scientific standards of evidence. The worse aspect of the Velikovsky affair is not that his hypotheses were wrong or in contradiction to firmly established facts, but that some who called themselves scientists attempted to suppress Velikovksy's works. Science is generated by and devoted to free enquiry: the idea that any hypothesis, no matter how strange, deserves to be considered on its merits."
-----------------------------------------------
Joseph Goodavage interviewed Carl Sagan in 1976, and asked him what his reaction was to Velikovsky's successful predictions. Sagan replied:
  • "I make of it that Velikovsky has made a lot of wrong predictions and a few right quotations from the scientific literature. The correct quotations have been stressed and the wrong predictions have not. The right "predictions" —- almost all of them —- turn out to have been made by other people before Velikovsky, some of them by people whom Velikovsky himself makes reference to in his book. For example, the idea of Venus being very hot: Rupert Wildt wrote a paper in 1940 which proposed that the carbon dioxide content of the Venus atmosphere would produce a greenhouse effect which would make it much hotter than people had thought 1940 was ten years before Velikovsky's Worlds in Collision came out. The credit belongs to Wildt, not to Velikovsky. And that's the situation for most of the so-called "correct predictions." Some clever scientist saw the correct situation earlier and Velikovsky quoted him—incidentally, not always giving proper credit. [..] There must be a hundred items that Velikovsky was wrong on. I'd be very interested in seeing Velikovsky write a paper about all the things he was wrong about."
Goodavage further asks whether we "should reject everything Velikovsky wrote", and Sagan replies:
  • "No, I don't at all say that one should dismiss out-of-hand the things that Velikovsky says. It's only to be dismissed after you read it, not before. I've written a ninety-page detailed critique of Worlds in Collision. (Unfortunately there were scientists who dismissed it before they read it.) The idea of looking at the old legends of the Earth, believing some of them and looking for cross-correlations, and deducing some natural events from them seems to me not at all an implausible method of proceeding. But when the conclusions are at variance with facts we know much more reliably — deductions, say, from the great conservation laws of physics — then we must be skeptical about conclusions drawn from myths."
Art Neuendorffer

neufer

Post by neufer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:31 am

Ann wrote:
I saw that too, and thought it was interesting. When we are talking about alien visitations, I entirely agree with Carl Sagan: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Regarding any evidence that an illiterate Stratford boob wrote the works of Shake-speare, all anyone has now is vague and ambiguous 400 year old innuendos to that effect.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

The fact is that we have no credible evidence that any specific person wrote the works of Shake-speare alone.

The Declaration of Reasonable Doubt
Art Neuendorffer

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Know the quiet place within your heart and touch the rainbow of possibility; be
alive to the gentle breeze of communication, and please stop being such a jerk.
— Garrison Keillor

mjimih
Science Officer
AKA: Mark

Post by mjimih » Wed May 01, 2013 10:03 am

Ex-congressmen to conduct extraterrestrial hearings
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-575 ... ews.com%29
April 11, 2013, 1:24 PM
The Obama administration insists the U.S. government has no evidence of extraterrestrials, but there are plenty of people who believe the government is withholding such information. Now some of those most ardent believers are setting out to prove it.

The Paradigm Research Group, a lobbying organization that pushes for the disclosure of information relating to extraterrestrials, has enlisted six former congressmen to preside over five days of congressional-style hearings on the issue.

Former Reps. Lynn Woolsey, D-Calif.; Carolyn Kilpatrick, D-Mich.; Darlene Hooley, D-Ore.; Roscoe Bartlett, R-Md.; Merrill Cook, R-Utah; and former Sen. Mike Gravel, D-Alaska; will participate in the event, focusing on "an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race and a government policy to embargo that truth," according to Paradigm Research Group.

The group is paying the former congressmen about $20,000 each for their participation and will cover their expenses, Paradigm Research Group founder Stephen Bassett told CBSNews.com. Bassett said he reached out to dozens of former congressmen and is pleased with the diversity of his committee.

The event will be modeled after the congressional hearing system, with witnesses providing written and oral testimony to the six former congressmen. There are about 40 witnesses expected to testify, including some with space and military backgrounds like Edgar Mitchell, a NASA Apollo 14 astronaut who walked on the moon in the 1970s, and John Callahan, the former division chief of the accidents and investigations branch of the FAA.

Its aim is to "send the message to Congress just 14 blocks up the street," Bassett said, "This is what you should be doing." The last time Congress addressed the issue was in 1968, and since then "the evidence has piled up," proving the existence of extraterrestrial engagement, Bassett said.

The hearings will take place at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., from April 29- May 3. They will be open to the public and streamed online in multiple languages, as well as filmed for a documentary in production called "Truth Embargo."

Cook, the former Utah congressman, told the Salt Lake Tribune that he's an "open-minded skeptic" on the subject of extraterrestrial life but thinks he is "unlikely to be persuaded."

"I can buy into that as a possibility, but to this day I have not heard or read or seen anything that makes me believe that anyone has encountered one on Earth," he said.
It's getting more likely all the time it seems with the help of new Kepler data and the like. I'd like to know for sure though how huge complex beautiful crop-circles are made flawlessly in a few hours un noticed year after year night after night, without a single credible video on youtube. How they are made is more important to me than who makes them, ET or not.

M
Last edited by mjimih on Wed May 01, 2013 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aliens will find Earth absolutely amazingly beautiful and fragile to behold. But if they get close enough, they'll see 7,000,000,000 of us and think "Uh oh, that's a lot for such a small planet. Wonder if we should help?"

neufer

Post by neufer » Wed May 01, 2013 10:09 am

mjimih wrote:
It's getting more likely all the time it seems with the help of new Kepler data and the like. I'd like to know for sure though how huge complex beautiful crop-circles are made flawlessly in a few hours un noticed year after year night after night, without a single credible video on youtube.
I can't believe that aliens would travel great distances to come here just so that they could mow our lawns.
Art Neuendorffer

mjimih
Science Officer

Post by mjimih » Wed May 01, 2013 10:14 am

Art
have you heard the possibly famous quote by Jimi Hendrix (who read science fiction a lot)? (Aliens we're a more scarier prospect back in the 60's)
his rhetorical answer; Why would you go a mile out of your way to step on an ant hill?"
Aliens will find Earth absolutely amazingly beautiful and fragile to behold. But if they get close enough, they'll see 7,000,000,000 of us and think "Uh oh, that's a lot for such a small planet. Wonder if we should help?"

mjimih
Science Officer

Post by mjimih » Wed May 01, 2013 10:37 am

neufer wrote: I can't believe that aliens would travel great distances to come here just so that they could mow our lawns.
i'm slow, that IS funny :-)

They might come if, as advanced as they should be to travel really really fast, they we're concerned we we're going to wreck the Earth, that they spotted and liked (who wouldn't?!). But since such travelers would more likely be explorers imo, they would hopefully treat us with kid gloves, ease us into the idea they are real, without causing Man to completely freak out and become dangerously unpredictable in our reaction (would they care what we do?). One way to approach "a civilization" would be to appeal to our level of intelligence or advancement, and do these crop circles that are benign, not permanent, mentally stimulating, and which might tend to guide us gently into realizing that they can only be made, as far as we can tell, by some things from outer space. Would they wait around to reveal themselves once we attain a certain level of technology, or wisdom, or stop warring? We should be so lucky to be living in a time when Earth is "visited"..

Moonlady
Selenian

Post by Moonlady » Wed May 01, 2013 11:49 am

neufer wrote:
mjimih wrote:
It's getting more likely all the time it seems with the help of new Kepler data and the like. I'd like to know for sure though how huge complex beautiful crop-circles are made flawlessly in a few hours un noticed year after year night after night, without a single credible video on youtube.
I can't believe that aliens would travel great distances to come here just so that they could mow our lawns.
What if it's their hobby? :lol2:
Or they played truth or dare, and one alien had to come to earth, put some crop circles and leave,
these mischievous creatures :lol2:

Many years ago when I went to a library, I saw Velikovky's book 'World in collision', I red it and I thought
it was entertaining, I tried to understand how his mind worked to create his hypothesises and why he tried so hard to
change history of earth, science etc.

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Wed May 01, 2013 1:40 pm

There have been documentaries on crop circles and the humans responsible for them have told us all exactly how they do it.

neufer

Post by neufer » Wed May 01, 2013 2:04 pm

geckzilla wrote:
There have been documentaries on crop circles and the humans responsible for them have told us all exactly how they do it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_circles wrote:
[img3="1678 English woodcut depicts the devil with a scythe mowing (cutting a circular design in a field of oats. The pamphlet containing the image states that the farmer, disgusted at the wage his mower was demanding for his work, insisted that he would rather have "the devil himself" perform the task. "]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ucheur.jpg[/img3]
<<The most famous [crop circle] case is the 1966 Tully, Queensland, Australia, "saucer nest", when a farmer said he witnessed a saucer-shaped craft rise 30 or 40 feet up from a swamp and then fly away. When he went to investigate the location where he thought the saucer had landed, he found a nearly circular area 32 feet long by 25 feet wide, where the grass was flattened in clockwise curves to water level within the circle and the reeds had been uprooted from the mud". The local police officer, the RAAF and the University of Queensland concluded that it was most probably caused by natural causes. In 1973, G.J. Odgers, Director of Public Relations, Department of Defence (Air Office), wrote to a journalist that the "saucer" was probably debris lifted by the causing Willy-Willy.

In 1991, self-professed pranksters Doug Bower and Dave Chorley made headlines claiming it was they who started the phenomenon in 1978 with the use of simple tools consisting of a plank of wood, rope, and a baseball cap fitted with a loop of wire to help them walk in a straight line. To prove their case they made a circle in front of journalists; a "cereologist" (advocate of paranormal explanations of crop circles), Pat Delgado, examined the circle and declared it authentic before it was revealed that it was a hoax. Inspired by Australian crop circle accounts from 1966, Doug and Dave claimed to be responsible for all circles made prior to 1987, and for more than 200 crop circles in 1978–1991 (which other 1000 circles not being made by them).

The scientific consensus is that crop circles are almost entirely man-made with a few possibly due to meteorological or other natural phenomena. Fungi can cause circular areas of crop to die, probably the origin of tales of "fairie rings". In 1686, British scientist Robert Plot reported on fairy rings in his The Natural History of Stafford-Shire, and said they could be caused by airflows from the sky. A 1880 letter to the editor of Nature by amateur scientist John Rand Capron, describes how a recent storm had created several circles of flattened crops in a field. In 2009, the attorney general for the island state of Tasmania stated that Australian wallabies had been found creating crop circles in fields of opium poppies, which are grown legally for medicinal use, after consuming some of the opiate-laden poppies and running in circles.>>
Art Neuendorffer

MargaritaMc
Look to the Evenstar

Post by MargaritaMc » Thu May 02, 2013 6:58 pm

geckzilla wrote:There have been documentaries on crop circles and the humans responsible for them have told us all exactly how they do it.
For example
Tho watching paint dry is a little more enthralling...
Margarita
"In those rare moments of total quiet with a dark sky, I again feel the awe that struck me as a child. The feeling is utterly overwhelming as my mind races out across the stars. I feel peaceful and serene."
&mdash; Dr Debra M. Elmegreen, Fellow of the AAAS

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Thu May 02, 2013 10:20 pm

MargaritaMc wrote:
geckzilla wrote:There have been documentaries on crop circles and the humans responsible for them have told us all exactly how they do it.
For example
Tho watching paint dry is a little more enthralling...
Margarita
That's a very good way to put it, Margarita :!: And because the ones that humans make are so crude, it's like watching paint dry on a gravel road. :lol2:
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

mjimih
Science Officer

Post by mjimih » Fri May 03, 2013 2:46 am

There have been documentaries on crop circles both pro human (wood n rope) and pro unknown technology manipulated by unknown entities, on the question of who makes them.

They may have told us all, but they really haven't shown us much yet other than some shaky dark night time close up footage. How about we go out into a field of some recently made very large titanic sized circles and, on film, during the day, recreate a large one right next to the original and see how long it takes, how many people (expert seasoned makers) are used, what tools they chose. They will be given a few days to plan their strategy. And if you get right down to it, they need to add EM energy to the area and cause some swelling of the nodes of the stalks. I don't think they would be able to make an identical one without any of the "crude gravelly nature" some obviously have had. It must be as fine and refined as the original.

btw hehe... allow me as I am technically a being from outer space too, who has learned the ways of intuition and some critical thinking, albeit currently stranded at home;
it's done with (retired?) military helicopters with devices that direct focused microwave beams (akin to those laser shows you see on new years eve), downward at the field. My only remaining question is how they direct the stalks to be pushed down in one particular direction or the other.

M

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Fri May 03, 2013 2:48 am

Beyond wrote:... the ones that humans make are so crude ...
The ones that humans make :?: :?
— Garrison Keillor

mjimih
Science Officer

Post by mjimih » Fri May 03, 2013 3:02 am

bystander wrote:
I'm a little biased. I don't believe in UFO's, but I can't believe all the circles have been made by wood and rope. The Firefox circle is nice, but at 220 feet across it's only a fraction of the size of the largest circles hmmm?

http://firefoxcropcircle.com/circle/
Planned in under two weeks and completed in under 24 hours, the crop circle had a final diameter of 220 feet. We constructed the circle in an oat field near Amity, Oregon, where it was completely invisible from the road but unmistakable from the sky. Our team consisted of 12 people, mainly OSU students, and we carefully stomped down oats from 3:30pm Friday afternoon until 2:30am, putting on the finishing touches between 7:30am and 11:00am Saturday, August 12

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Fri May 03, 2013 3:07 am

bystander wrote:
Yeah. Haven't you noticed the difference between the crude looking ones that humans are filmed doing, and the clean-cut neatly folded ones of all sizes, that have intricate designs and no broken stems from being stepped on, and often times have tiny iron nodules embedded in their stems? IF you haven't noticed as yet, no problem. Just sorta something to wonder about, like most everything else. :yes: Nothing to be :ohno: of. And nothing to get :bang: at, trying to figure it out. Btw, crop circles have also been seen in snow and in sand, in different parts of the world. But it would seem that food crops are the media of choice. Perhaps the calories are being extracted :?: :lol2:

mjimih
Science Officer

Post by mjimih » Fri May 03, 2013 3:31 am

scientifically what do you think of my microwaves directed down at the crops from a hovering helicopter idea? The idea lends itself to either Man or E.T.

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Fri May 03, 2013 3:32 am

I'm going to go out on a limb and state for the record no crop circle is of alien origin, which leaves just us.
— Garrison Keillor

mjimih
Science Officer

Post by mjimih » Fri May 03, 2013 3:39 am

bystander wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and state for the record no crop circle is of alien origin, which leaves just us.
deep down I know your prob right, that's why I'm am so freaked out about this subject. It makes my mind do flips, and i'm not the flipping type :-) Also why I like my helicopter with new microwave directing devices "manned" by it's inventors. The beams would be invisible, silent, and would leave EM traces behind? help me here, any hypothesis will suffice being it's such a weird phenomena that's been going on longer than Area 51.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Fri May 03, 2013 3:59 am

Well, a helicopter has quite a down draft from the rotors. I should think that it would scatter the microwaved stalks in all directions, leaving a somewhat messy pattern.
Also, they might get away without being seen by using night-vision goggles, but helicopters aren't exactly quiet! Hot-air balloons are quiet, but rather uncontrollable and would be like a giant Chinese lantern at night.
Of course the whole thing could just boil down to Life having some fun with some of the Life-forms it has taken. If you think that way, there's really no such thing as an alien. Just other Life-forms that you haven't met yet. Kinda like the new neighbors on the other side of the hedge that you haven't met yet, even though you've seen evidence of their presence.

mjimih
Science Officer

Post by mjimih » Fri May 03, 2013 4:22 am

Beyond wrote:Well, a helicopter has quite a down draft from the rotors. I should think that it would scatter the microwaved stalks in all directions, leaving a somewhat messy pattern.
Also, they might get away without being seen by using night-vision goggles, but helicopters aren't exactly quiet! Hot-air balloons are quiet, but rather uncontrollable and would be like a giant Chinese lantern at night.
Of course the whole thing could just boil down to Life having some fun with some of the Life-forms it has taken. If you think that way, there's really no such thing as an alien. Just other Life-forms that you haven't met yet. Kinda like the new neighbors on the other side of the hedge that you haven't met yet, even though you've seen evidence of their presence.
thanks for the reply. two ideas; the coptor could be high enough to not affect the crops with wind. And the new military copters have stealth technology, baffles that make them very quiet until they are quite near you.

We are surrounded by habitable planets, and we have absolutely no way of knowing how many explorers are out there, whether they can detect planets from afar, when they left for where ever there going, hence when they might arrive somewhere. So ya E.T COULD be messing with us. We'd be so lucky to be living at a time if and when they might arrive here. When we get to that point someday, we'll arrive somewhere and surprise them too.

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Fri May 03, 2013 4:40 am

mjimih wrote:scientifically what do you think of my microwaves directed down at the crops from a hovering helicopter idea? The idea lends itself to either Man or E.T.
You really want to know what we think about this? Microwaves or any sufficiently strong EM radiation would burn the crops, not flatten them neatly...