Smile in the Sky (2008 Dec 5)

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
emc
Equine Locutionist
AKA: Bear

Smile in the Sky (2008 Dec 5)

Post by emc » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:47 pm

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap081205.html

Such a beautiful picture… the cosmic happy face seems to be saying “this is for you… enjoy!”

A smile can go a long way towards helping us feel at ease with one another and “long way” is an understatement for this one.

But if I stare at this APOD smile long enough… it takes on a devilish dimension… probably caused by the dark clouds, long face, smiles I have received just before... well, I won't go there... and the mention of those pesky mosquitoes in the caption… and my over-active thinking.
Ed
Casting Art to the Net
Sometimes the best path is a new one.

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Re: Smile in the Sky (2008 Dec 5)

Post by orin stepanek » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:43 pm

emc wrote:http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap081205.html

Such a beautiful picture… the cosmic happy face seems to be saying “this is for you… enjoy!”

A smile can go a long way towards helping us feel at ease with one another and “long way” is an understatement for this one.

But if I stare at this APOD smile long enough… it takes on a devilish dimension… probably caused by the dark clouds, long face, smiles I have received just before... well, I won't go there... and the mention of those pesky mosquitoes in the caption… and my over-active thinking.
I save the APODs That I like and use them as backbrounds. I choose a different background each day. There are so many to choose from. :) 8)

Orin
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

apodman
Teapot Fancier (MIA)

Post by apodman » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:55 pm

No planets? I noticed. Seen before? Maybe. But here is another happy sunset anyway.

sfcraiger
Asternaut

Post by sfcraiger » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:16 pm

cute pics