APOD 12 April Forgotten Date

The cosmos at our fingertips.
Yuriy
Asternaut

APOD 12 April Forgotten Date

Post by Yuriy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:13 am

Amazing but APOD did not mentioned that this day in 1961 first man was launched to space, but APOD never forget to mention what Americans did in space. May be because Russians did it.
I have noticed that APOD is very keen to publish local news ie Amercan ones and keep very quiet about other countries achievements

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:43 pm

let me give you some hints here, would you? maybe that's because APOD site is goddamn american?

but hey, google remembers:

edit: I moved this out, since it's not really APOD thread

NoelC
Creepy Spock

Post by NoelC » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:55 pm

goddamn american?
Use those words together if you wish, but it is speculated that it was Yuri Gagarin on that very flight who said "I don't see any God up here", and Khrushchev later said, in antireligious propaganda, that "Gagarin flew into space, but didn't see any God there".

-Noel

Strider2k
Asternaut

Post by Strider2k » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:26 pm

I suppose then that when visiting a russian website I should expect to find mentioned all the wonderful achievements of the americans, or canadians, or brazilians, right?

craterchains
Commander

Post by craterchains » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:30 pm

One day soon our world won't be separated by nationalistic boundaries, there won't be this strife and jealousy of "My dog is better than your dog" kind of mentality.

Some day soon, , ,
"It's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will hurt you." Will Rodgers 1938

adrianxw
Ensign

Post by adrianxw » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:34 am

Some day soon, , ,
I fear it may not be that soon. World seems to be getting worse every day with new ways of dividing being created. It is very depressing.
Wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.