Doum
A personalized rank.

Post by Doum » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:28 pm

:D Agreed :wink:

craterchains
Commander

Post by craterchains » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:25 am

I have said it before and I will say it again, , ,

There was the sound barrier that most scientists of the day said we could never go faster.

There is no light barrier either. :roll:
"It's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will hurt you." Will Rodgers 1938

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:47 am

like: there is no law we cant break :?:

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:09 pm

makc wrote:like: there is no law we cant break :?:
If we break the law' there is usually a penalty to pay. When we broke the sound barrier there was the sonic boom. What penalty could there be if we break the light barrier? :roll: :? :D
Orin
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

BMAONE23
Commentator Model 1.23

Post by BMAONE23 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:52 pm

orin stepanek wrote:
makc wrote:like: there is no law we cant break :?:
If we break the law' there is usually a penalty to pay. When we broke the sound barrier there was the sonic boom. What penalty could there be if we break the light barrier? :roll: :? :D
Orin
How about the "OPTIC BOOM" or SPECTRAL BOOM"???

Or maybe "PHOTONIC BOOM"!!!!!

Doum
A personalized rank.

Post by Doum » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:04 pm

What about the "Gamma barrier". :?

craterchains
Commander

Post by craterchains » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:26 am

Now were talking, , , LOL
"It's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will hurt you." Will Rodgers 1938

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:23 pm

Hello All

Its funny that many people do not see earth as a planet populated by man. If you know what I mean.

As a star ship.
Harry : Smile and live another day.

Doum
A personalized rank.

Post by Doum » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:43 pm

More info on a 1 g acceleration spaceship.
Look at the bottom of the page to see the distance attainable if such a ship happen to exist in the futur. :? Its quite far. :)

http://www.daviddarling.info/encycloped ... craft.html

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:37 am

Hello DOWN

I read the link

Although a robot star probe could be structurally designed to withstand very high accelerations in order quickly to reach a cruising speed that was a substantial fraction of the speed of light, the same would not be possible with manned interstellar craft. Human beings can tolerate up to 10g for a few seconds and around 3g (the peak rate of acceleration of the Space Shuttle) for longer periods, but such accelerations and decelerations would be out of the question for a journey lasting years. The optimum rate of acceleration for manned flight to the stars would be 1g, since this would allow the crew to live under normal Earth gravity conditions while still enabling the spacecraft to gain speed at a rate practicable for interstellar travel. Given such acceleration, it would be possible to reach the Orion Nebula (about 1,000 light-years away) in 30 years of shipboard time. As the 1g spacecraft drew closer and closer to the speed of light, relativistic effects such as time dilation would become increasingly apparent. Time would pass more slowly on the ship in comparison with time on Earth. For example, after a round-trip journey at 1g acceleration and deceleration lasting 10 years as measured by the crew, 24 years would have elapsed back home. Relativistic effects would also ensure that, as measured by stationary observers, a spacecraft could not continue to build speed at 1g, or 9.8 m/s², indefinitely. If it did, in just under one year it would break the light-barrier. According to the special theory of relativity no object can be accelerated to the speed of light. Instead, as light-speed were approached, the relationship between space and time would alter in the spacecraft’s frame of reference so that although the crew would continue to feel and register on their instruments a 1g acceleration, stationary observers would see the spacecraft simply drawing ever nearer – but never quite reaching – the ultimate speed limit of light. The table shows some of the dramatic possibilities for lengthy excursions in a 1g spacecraft. These figures assume equal periods of acceleration and deceleration at 1g on both the outgoing and return legs of the journey. See also interstellar propulsion.
Smile,,,,,,,,,,seems OK.

But! time and physical changes I do not agree with.

Time is part of the formula and thus part of the time in communication based on C.

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:37 pm

Doum wrote:More info on a 1 g acceleration spaceship.
Look at the bottom of the page to see the distance attainable if such a ship happen to exist in the futur. :? Its quite far. :)

Hi! Doum
Presuming we could attain 1G acceleration for 60 years; those who are left on Earth would never know the achievement of those aboard this spacecraft. Seems knowledge learned by this flight would end shortly after this craft got beyond the ort cloud. :shock:
Orin
Orin

Doum
A personalized rank.

Post by Doum » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:54 pm

:) Yes orin, you are right.

Such a ship, assuming it can be create (Wich i doubt.) would only permit a close exploration from the sun. May be 50 light years in circumference if they want to come back. And even then, the crew leaving the earth with such a ship might find humand upon arrival at their destination. They would have come from a faster new design ship. :roll:

They might have been using one or 2 of the new theory in the advance physic program or a new one not yet discover. :?

So the point of this info is to show how far a 1g ship can go within the life time of a human. Of course the farther you go the less useful it is to return cause everyone you know on earth will be dead and even society on earth will be alien to them. Earth might start shooting at them upon their return. :shock: :twisted: Who knows?

The light speed will also be deadly to anyone inside that ship because any wavelengh (Light,infrared or UV or all of it.) hitting up front the ship moving at light speed will be seen by the crew onboard as a slight different level of gamma ray burst. So i think ( Aint sure how much it will be.) that the crew will be moving toward a constant burst of high energy gamma ray wich mean they will need an awsome incredible sheild :? Looking at the back of the ship the crew might see an incredible amount of infrared hiting them. (Gamma ray or any other wavelengths in normal space being seen as infrared at light speed. (I'm not talking about single particle here, wich will be a lot worst i think.)

Even at 25% the light speed it will be incredibly dangerous for a ship to encounter particules in space (Now imagine a grain of ice the size of a sand grain or bigger.). So new discovery on physics is needed before venturing there. :cry:
The solar system is colonisable with the science humankind know for now. So i say lets start there while we continue research on advance concept of physic :idea: . :)

By the way, i'm still hoping that new physics will be discover in my lifetime and that i will see humankind expand everywhere into space. :wink: What a marvelous adventure it would be. :D

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:07 pm

Hi Doum; If you compare the time to the distance it looks like they only achieved about half the speed of light! :?
5,000,000 time; 2,480,000 distance; Andromeda Galaxy
Orin
Orin

craterchains
Commander

Post by craterchains » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:22 pm

Putting the THEORY of gaining mass and time warping aside and going on KNOWN laws of acceleration when going up to and beyond the (so called) light barrier (just like the sound barrier, it doesn't exist), Dr. David Darling's scale of the (so called) earth time and spaceship time become a moot point. Instead it is really just the same time on earth as aboard the spaceship by the true knowledge of known physics. Those that want to base their reasoning on a THEORY outside the "box" of known physics, go ahead. We shall base our reasoning on KNOWN physics inside the "box".

Known physics facts. 8)
Once in motion, stays in motion.
Constant acceleration produces more speed.

So, according to Dr. David Darling's chart we could achieve 13 times the speed of light in 20 years.

Stick that in your pipes and smoke it, , , , FOCLMAO :evil:

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:33 pm

craterchains wrote:Putting the THEORY of gaining mass and time warping aside and going on KNOWN laws of acceleration when going up to and beyond the (so called) light barrier (just like the sound barrier, it doesn't exist), Dr. David Darling's scale of the (so called) earth time and spaceship time become a moot point. Instead it is really just the same time on earth as aboard the spaceship by the true knowledge of known physics. Those that want to base their reasoning on a THEORY outside the "box" of known physics, go ahead. We shall base our reasoning on KNOWN physics inside the "box".

Known physics facts. 8)
Once in motion, stays in motion.
Constant acceleration produces more speed.

So, according to Dr. David Darling's chart we could achieve 13 times the speed of light in 20 years.

Stick that in your pipes and smoke it, , , , FOCLMAO :evil:

Hi Craterchains! Unfortunately, unless we actually achieve it we will never know! 8) Wish I would be around to see some of the marvels of the future. Of course the way technology is advancing so fast --- who knows! :roll:
Orin
Orin

Doum
A personalized rank.

Post by Doum » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:12 pm

Hi orin,

I think that is because it is a round trip.

"These figures assume equal periods of acceleration and deceleration at 1g on both the outgoing and return legs of the journey. "

Meaning going over there and back.

So thats why its half the distance in range. If you dont want to return and you go there at light speed then it would take only 30 years one way trip onboard the ship.

A 60 years one way trip at light speed might take the crew to the end of the univers or back where they left having move straight trough the entire univers space time. :twisted:

And yea craterchain, if there is no limit then it will be as fast as you said. But the frequency of any wavelength hitting the ship will increase as the ship get faster and it will be deadlyer.

Thats a law of physic use to discover new world around other star. They look at the shifting of wavelengh the star is showing.

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:01 pm

Doum said:

I think that is because it is a round trip.

I stand corredted. :roll:
Orin
Orin

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:05 pm

Hello All

Its man's ability to dream, will make him break the 5minute mile barrier.

sidekickbobcat
Asternaut

Post by sidekickbobcat » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:50 am

Just for your information, Harry, the 5 minute mile barrier has been broken 100's of times. Man is now into the sub 4 minute mile.

Bobbi
"Always give in to temptation. It may never pass your way again." Time Enough For Love by Robert Heinlein

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:28 am

Hello side

Smile,,,,,,,,,,,,,I know,,,,,,,,,,,I also broke it.

But! do you get the point.

craterchains
Commander

Post by craterchains » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:12 am

orin stepanek wrote:Hi Craterchains! Unfortunately, unless we actually achieve it we will never know! 8) Wish I would be around to see some of the marvels of the future. Of course the way technology is advancing so fast --- who knows! :roll:
Orin
Hang in there yah old duffer, , LOL. Things just may happen alot faster than anyone thinks, , , and soon too.

To Harry and others it is only a dream. Some know it is all ready a reality.

Norval

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:51 pm

craterchains wrote:
orin stepanek wrote:Hi Craterchains! Unfortunately, unless we actually achieve it we will never know! 8) Wish I would be around to see some of the marvels of the future. Of course the way technology is advancing so fast --- who knows! :roll:
Orin
Hang in there yah old duffer, , LOL. Things just may happen alot faster than anyone thinks, , , and soon too.

To Harry and others it is only a dream. Some know it is all ready a reality.

Norval
That's the thing about man. Seems like what we dreamt of yesterday is a reality today. What we dream of today is tomorrow's reality. Hopefully it is all for the better. :roll:
Orin
Orin

FieryIce
Science Officer

Post by FieryIce » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:15 pm

craterchains wrote: Some know it is all ready a reality.

Norval
16/08/2007
We Have Broken The Speed Of Light

Even back to 19 July 2000

Scientists Claim To Break Speed-of-Light Barrier

:wink:
Tic Toc

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:44 am

Hello All

The speed of light has already been broken by nature itself.

If the Big Bang is correct, than thats the first thing that was broken.

I have been reading the star types and galaxy types. Motivated by one of the posts. "List of exoplanets and growing" by orin stepanek.

The more I read the less I know.

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:05 pm

It's on the internet, it must be true.