Recent Submissions: 2012 February 11-16

See new, spectacular, or mysterious sky images.
Ann
4725 Å

Re: Recent Submissions: 2012 February 11-

Post by Ann » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Okay, time for me to post more comments! :ssmile:

I'm not much of a Mars girl myself, but I think those are very fine Mars images, Efrain Morales. There is a lot of detail and color contrasts there.

Ah, Marco Angelini, Fabio Tagliani and Francesco Antonucci, what a lovely NGC 2264 cluster, Cone Nebula and Fox Fur Nebula! It's positively sparkling with color, and it looks truly festive. This complex is sometimes called the Christmas Tree cluster, and you have made it look fit for a holiday, indeed!

Markus Noller, that's a very fine Flaming Star nebula! Welcome to Starship Asterisk!

Manos Kardasis, that's a fine Jupiter and Ganymede! It's interesting to see how you have brought out detail on Ganymede.

Juan Carlos Casado and Daniel Padron, I must say that your Star Trails Panorama is one of my favorite images in this thread. It is incredibly decorative and quite amazing-looking!

César Cantú, for some reason your Sun image won't open to me right now, but I have looked at it before and admired it. It is incredibly full of amazing detail. I remember that I could see what looked like the granulation of the Sun, and then there were long, dark, straight filaments. It's a great image!

mat, I really like your wonderfully starry star field of the Double Cluster in Perseus, h and Chi Persei.

Mike Brady, welcome to Starship Asterisk*! You have posted three fine images.

Paul Haese, I obviously like your image a lot! It is so blue... :wink: And then there is a lot of fascinating dust structure, and the stellar embryos look very fine below the dust-enshrouded double star above the other blue star. I like the globular cluster, too.

bladerunner, that super-colorful California Nebula really appeals to me!

Dan Watt, I like your Cone Nebula wide field. The well-known Cone Nebula and Christmas Tree cluster looks almost "embraced" by friendly "arms" of nebulosity, like a mother embracing her "baby".

Jerry Lodriguss, that's a great Gemini to Auriga image! I love how you bring out that many of the nebulae and clusters appear to belong together in distinct "cities of star formation". For example, Sh2-249, IC 443 and M35 almost look like "pearls of a horse-shoe shaped string". Your full resolution annotated image is fantastic!

Nicola Montecchiari, your image also wouldn't open to me, but I found some great images on your homepage. Very well done!

Alessio Pisani, that's a fine Pacman nebula.

Craig and Tammy Temple, I love your Thor's Helmet image. That blue bubble looks fantastically delicate and beautiful.

Joe (sullij1) Sullivan, that's a fine NGC 7000 and IC 5070.

Lynn Hilborn, you did the obvious and imaged the Orion Nebula and the Running man nebula. You did it very well, too!

Wolfgang Promper, that's a fine M13 image and a fine M101 image, too!

Thanks to everyone who posted images here! :D

Ann
Color Commentator

mexhunter
Science Officer
AKA: César Cantú

Re: Recent Submissions: 2012 February 11-16

Post by mexhunter » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:04 am

Hi Ann:
The reason that the image is not opened, it is because my web site hacked, but now has been restored.
Thank you very much for your words and for saw the picture.
A large greetings
César
I come to learn and to have fun.

cybermystic99

Cone nebula Trumpler 5 IC2169

Post by cybermystic99 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:38 pm

The Cone nebula/IC2169 region in Monoceros
Copyright Greg Parker 2012

Cone_Trumpler5_IC2169 by cybermystic, on Flickr

Enjoy!