Apollo's Finest Hour.

The cosmos at our fingertips.
interstellaryeller
Ensign

Apollo's Finest Hour.

Post by interstellaryeller » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:59 pm

It was the finest era of modern rocketry the Apollo craft with its five massive J-1 engines was without a doubt a true beast. The engine itself produced more power that every river in North America combined. All we have left are movies of this fine era. Which dont due justice to the chest rattling thunder it produced during launch. My hat goes off to the people that worked on Apollo. It was the most complex machine of its time. However I would have enjoyed watching a Apollo - Nova launch. And a special congradulations for Gene Kranz. He didnt ask what the "Aquarius" module was designed to do, he asked what can it do. Bringing the astronauts home in a life boat and what a life boat, and that was truly nasa's finest hour. :) :) :)

astrolabe
Science Officer

Re: Apollo's Finest Hour.

Post by astrolabe » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:28 pm

Hello interstellaryeller,

Amen to that----for NASA it was pure thunder!
"Everything matters.....So may the facts be with you"-astrolabe

Doum
A personalized rank.

Post by Doum » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:25 am

interstellaryeller wrote:It was the finest era of modern rocketry the Apollo craft with its five massive J-1 engines was without a doubt a true beast. The engine itself produced more power that every river in North America combined. All we have left are movies of this fine era. Which dont due justice to the chest rattling thunder it produced during launch. My hat goes off to the people that worked on Apollo. It was the most complex machine of its time. However I would have enjoyed watching a Apollo - Nova launch. And a special congradulations for Gene Kranz. He didnt ask what the "Aquarius" module was designed to do, he asked what can it do. Bringing the astronauts home in a life boat and what a life boat, and that was truly nasa's finest hour. :) :) :)
I think it was five "F1" rocket engine.And it was without a doubt a true beast. Agreed on that.

apodman
Teapot Fancier (MIA)

Post by apodman » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:39 am

Saturn Burner
7.6 million pounds of thrust or 38,000 btu?

Doum
A personalized rank.

Post by Doum » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 am

:lol: OK i want to see you go on the moon with the 38000btu. :lol: