the view from the center of the universe

The cosmos at our fingertips.
mrchrstpher
Asternaut

the view from the center of the universe

Post by mrchrstpher » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:22 am

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this board. I would like to say thanks to Robert Nemiroff for making his lectures available online. I enjoy them very much, as I do this site. Anyways to my main topic. I just finished reading the book "the View from the Center of the Universe" and I thought it was amazing. Joel and Nancy did a great job of communicating their main point and a phenomenal job of cramming so much information into one book. For anyone who doesn't know, the book is about finding our place and purpose in the universe (to put it very shortly). I highly recommend it. And I just wanted to see if anyone else here has read it and what their opinion was . Also if anyone has any other books they would like to recommend. Thanks
"Only fools work in absolute."

kovil
Science Officer

Post by kovil » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:16 am

Beyond Space and Time , by John L. Dobson

[non-science reference removed]

mrchrstpher
Asternaut

Post by mrchrstpher » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:44 pm

thanks I'll have to check it out.

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:48 pm

I really enjoyed A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking. I thought it provided a good intro to cosmology in laymen's terms. There is a more up-to-date version of the book available, A Briefer History of Time.

mrchrstpher
Asternaut

Post by mrchrstpher » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:41 pm

huh I'v read a brief history of time but I've never seen a briefer history of time. I'll have to look it up. I also enjoyed Science of God a lot. It didn't get very good reviews but I'd recommend it. still a good read.