Science with NSL data

The cosmos at our fingertips.
tilvi
Ensign

Science with NSL data

Post by tilvi » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:08 am

I have been thinking on this for a while. What we have been doing till now with the NSL data is , try do to some science out of the data which is available from the CONCAM's. And what is happening is that, especially for the variability of stars, we are forced to do variability of stars which aren;t of much interest, but just because their data is available in the photometry files. This will especially affect if we plan to generate a catalogue. Its my own experience with NSL photometry files is that, only on rare occassions, we get data for which we are interested in. So, what I think is we should collect photometry files for all the stars which we are interested in. And this can be done atleast for two statiosns, MK & HL so that we can also cross check the data with each other from these two stations.

Another thing we might have to do before installing CONCAM at any of the station is to test the CCD along with the fish eye lenses to subtract the effects of the lens' curvature so that we can minimize the errors.
Tilvi
Michigan Tech. University, MI.