was this someone here?

The cosmos at our fingertips.
snodome
Asternaut

was this someone here?

Post by snodome » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:03 pm

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/5887746.html
FORT WORTH, Texas — An enormous aircraft without transponders traveling up to 2,100 mph — at one time zooming toward President Bush's Crawford ranch — is similar to the mysterious object dozens reported seeing, according to radar documents examined by a group that studies unidentified flying objects.

Arramon
Science Officer

Post by Arramon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:57 pm

I get sick whenever I read junk like this:
After talking to witnesses, MUFON investigators ended up looking into 300 reported UFO sightings spanning several weeks and said most were probably planets, cloud formations or stars.
ARE WE THAT STUPID!!!???

Are you kidding me??! Can we not tell a planet, star, cloud formations from objects flying, hovering, turning at sharp angles going speeds more than TWICE the speed of sound???!!!!!

That explanation needs to be FIRED. And whomever wishes to continue to use it to explain the unexplained needs to be FIRED.

Its the 21st Century and we're not idiots (well... must of us, because if you can't tell a star, planet or cloud from a flying object hovering above you, then WOW!).... so please, no more weather balloons, cloud formations or stars blinking in our eyes, blinding us. Just give us the damn truth already....!!!!!!

=b

hehehe..

Arramon
Science Officer

Post by Arramon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:12 pm

OMG!! You have to be kidding me!!!!!!!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/side/5453748.html
Maj. Karl Lewis, a spokesman for the 301st Fighter Wing at the Joint Reserve Base Naval Air Station in Fort Worth, said no F-16s or other aircraft from his base were in the area the night of Jan. 8, when most people reported the sighting.

Lewis said the object may have been an illusion caused by two commercial airplanes. Lights from the aircraft would seem unusually bright and may appear orange from the setting sun.

"I'm 90 percent sure this was an airliner," Lewis said. "With the sun's angle, it can play tricks on you."

Officials at the region's two Air Force bases — Dyess in Abilene and Sheppard in Wichita Falls — also said none of their aircraft were in the area last week. The Air Force no longer investigates UFOs.

*shoots himself with what looks like a gun, but is really two bottles of Coca-Cola that, if turned just right and the sun is setting behind it, looks extremely close to a 9mm handheld pistol*

PLEASE................ lets just deny everything and say that anything you don't know what it is, is only a cloud or possibly an airplane, because anything else just doesn't exist.

Those are all BS answers...

Here is why:

1) Airliners don't hover

2) Even TWO airliners near eachother in the sky isn't possible in what he is saying because of flight paths and proximity restrictions.

3) Airliners in the sky don't look like they are a MILE long and HALF a mile wide from our viewpoint on the ground. If they looked that big, they'd be sitting on us and we'd be dead.

4) Even if the sun WERE setting behind the plane, how does that alter the appearance of lights on the craft??????? I've seen planes with the setting sunlight reflecting off of them and the only thing I notice is a tube-shaped plane with reddish light bouncing off the plane's hull. It doesn't enlarge the craft, it doesn't make it hover, and it certainly doesn't make it look like a mile long, half mile wide craft that can zoom at 2100 mph and make sharp-angles turns. And of course everyone saw the same two airliners from ALL points of view. *rolls eyes*

5) People will deny anything they don't see with their own eyes

6) People will believe anything they are told even if they saw it with their own eyes

WOW....

Nereid
Intrepidus Dux Emeritus

Post by Nereid » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:09 pm

We don't 'do' UFOs in The Asterisk*.

Thread closed.