Interstellar travel through density

The cosmos at our fingertips.
Conro
Ensign

Interstellar travel through density

Post by Conro » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:57 pm

I was wondering if this theory is at all possible or correct.

Since a black hole is infinitely dense, and it creates a rip in space-time, would that mean that space is also infinitely dense or has a density greater than 0 but less than infinity. and if we could create some sort of ship that could manipulate the densities of objects, would we be able to travel to the sort of Other Space(OS from here on out because im too lazy :) ) Then, supposing the OS has other laws, could we then use density manipulator thing to travel back into our space at a different location than where we started, as a form of interstellar travel?

It would help if you all could debate this theory. Its been on my mind for weeks, and its been bugging me.

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:42 pm

what you have described has been patented already, sorry

http://asterisk.apod.com/vie ... &start=105

:(

Conro
Ensign

thanks

Post by Conro » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:14 pm

well i just want to know if it was possible in the future. i doubt we exactly have the kind of technology necessary right now. i was wondering now if maybe black holes are at absolute 0 and maybe if you could freeze something to absolute 0 then it would be possible for the atoms to then pretty much collapse into each other and make something infinitely dense, like a black hole?