Arp 272, a third galaxy? (APOD 30 Apr 2008)

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
Sputnick
Science Officer
AKA: Sputnick

Post by Sputnick » Fri May 02, 2008 9:29 pm

Wonderful to have you aboard, Azut.

While conventional discussions talk 3-D (or more Ds as you suggest and of course that is entirely probable) the universe has been theorized to more closely resemble 2D - like a curtain, or a piece of paper. In assuming the 2D model, my theoretical funnels in Dark Matter and Dark Energy would create time .. time in the 2D universe being the third dimension. Of course, a 2D universe is seen as absurd from normal perspective; and a sheet of paper no matter how thin is 3D - so the thinking gets complicated unless the thinness of the universe compared to the length and breadth in relative measure is nothingness. It makes me dizzy unless I simply eliminate the thickness dimension.

In my post above I said the funnel would flow outwards from the sprial's face .. meaning of course funnels would flow outward from both faces - the face we see as well as the other side.

Yes . . the more we lean, the more we learn that we are at the mere beginning of learning.
If man were made to fly he wouldn't need alcohol .. lots and lots and lots of alcohol to get through the furors while maintaining the fervors.