Another topic for the APOD

The cosmos at our fingertips.
Confused
Science Officer

Another topic for the APOD

Post by Confused » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:46 am

I have heard a little about sulfur-based life on our planet that has surprised scientists recently. I think it would be relevant to use an image of this new form of life as an APOD. They are relevant for two reasons: (1) just as we know little about life that is not on our Earth, we know relatively little about life on this earth that lives without benefit from the Sun' energy and (2) they are examples of life that can exist in other planets, solar systems and even other galaxies that have very different requirements relative to life that we are familiar with.

I think that topic is at least as relevant as the big Bucket-Wheel Excavator shown today as the APOD.

ckam
Science Officer

Post by ckam » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:52 am

:arrow: check it out :!:

Confused
Science Officer

Post by Confused » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:26 am

Are you a moderator or someone such as that?

If so, then are you requesting me to look for images? I don't want to spend time on this if I am going to be told I wasted my time.

If not, then I am much more interested in knowing if you think it is a good idea. Please understand that I knew about the Submit Pictures to APOD forum.

ckam
Science Officer

Post by ckam » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:51 am

Confused wrote:Please understand that I knew about the Submit Pictures to APOD forum.
I assumed you did not.