How to rate Concam movies

The cosmos at our fingertips.
Vic Muzzin
Ensign

How to rate Concam movies

Post by Vic Muzzin » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:57 pm

It is important that everyone have a clear idea of how movies are to be rated. Consistency among everyone rating movies is of the utmost importance. The general idea is this, if a movie shows clouds covering the entire sky for the entire night it is rated a zero, if there are no clouds for the entire night it is rated 100, a value of 50 can be obtained two different ways, the sky could be half cloudy for the entire night or it could be entirely cloudy for half the night. I have chosen the following movie at random and would like everyone involved to give it a rating and explain the number you come up with. I am hoping that discussing some movies within this forum will help us all have a clear idea of what we are trying to do.

http://nightskylive.net/kp/kp050107/movie-kp050107.gif

Matt Merlo
Ensign

Post by Matt Merlo » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:08 pm

This is not the best way to make sure that everyone's ratings are the same. We need to go through and find movies that would be rated 0, 10, 20, ect. so that there are concrete examples that can be refered to as we are watching and also in our paper
Captain Merlo, Starfleet Command

Vic Muzzin
Ensign

Post by Vic Muzzin » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:41 pm

Matt Merlo wrote:This is not the best way to make sure that everyone's ratings are the same. We need to go through and find movies that would be rated 0, 10, 20, ect. so that there are concrete examples that can be refered to as we are watching and also in our paper
One step at a time Space Pimp, we will get to that next week.

wellesley
Asternaut

Post by wellesley » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:56 pm

My rating for the above is a 65.

deborah
Ensign

My rating for the movie

Post by deborah » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:43 pm

My rating would be a 70. My reasoning is that the images are good for the most part all evening with only 3 brief exceptions of clouds going by and the last few images at the end of the movie are distorted.
Deborah

Vic Muzzin
Ensign

Post by Vic Muzzin » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:25 pm

This is actually a difficult movie to rate. Normally it gets cloudy for part of the night and then clears up, this movie has several periods of partial clouds. I would say 60-70 and probably record it as 65.