What is this ----for sure?

The cosmos at our fingertips.
mfortsm
Ensign

What is this ----for sure?

Post by mfortsm » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:06 pm

Please don't take the wrong but I have been a member of this forum for a while and really---I don't get it. What are these images used for? There is no detail. Most times it is one person wanting to know if someone else knows what it is. ---With the complete lack of detail, How would one know? The dewproblems light blead and total no-resolutions leaves me wondering what I am suppost to see. Sorry and I don't mean to rain on anyones parade but there has got to be something more than I know. Thanks, Mike H. :?

mfortsm
Ensign

Post by mfortsm » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:22 am

http://asterisk.apod.com/vie ... c&start=15

Ok---- If I have made some mad, My appologies. I know that I am no expert but I know that no responce usually means negative things. I know nothing of the scientific studies that must be made with these images. Now. Would it not be more productive to image a smaller smaller piece of sky at a time with a more detailed image? Are you looking to cover the whole sky at once? It seems that a smaller piece of sky imaged by more cameras would be of benifit. Is this funded by private concerns or is there funding for this? I know this is probable none of my business and once again I appologize. :? What are you looking for :) and in these images how would you know if you found it?

deborah
Ensign

Post by deborah » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:47 pm

mfortsm wrote:http://asterisk.apod.com/vie ... c&start=15

Ok---- If I have made some mad, My appologies. I know that I am no expert but I know that no responce usually means negative things. I know nothing of the scientific studies that must be made with these images. Now. Would it not be more productive to image a smaller smaller piece of sky at a time with a more detailed image? Are you looking to cover the whole sky at once? It seems that a smaller piece of sky imaged by more cameras would be of benifit. Is this funded by private concerns or is there funding for this? I know this is probable none of my business and once again I appologize. :? What are you looking for :) and in these images how would you know if you found it?
I'm really new to this forum, but I monitor the Rosemary Hill concam and I think it's really great that this technology is made available to the public free of charge. You can go to web sites that allow you to see what they are observing for a charge, but this is public domain.

As far as what we are looking for, why, anything! Wouldn't it be interesting if I were sitting there monitoring my concam and I noticed a streak that turned out to be a comet that no one had seen until then? It certainly could happen, most discoveries of that nature are by people that just sit and watch.
Deborah

mfortsm
Ensign

Post by mfortsm » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:59 pm

You are of course correct and thanks for the reply. Thanks
deborah wrote:

I'm really new to this forum, but I monitor the Rosemary Hill concam and I think it's really great that this technology is made available to the public free of charge. You can go to web sites that allow you to see what they are observing for a charge, but this is public domain.

As far as what we are looking for, why, anything! Wouldn't it be interesting if I were sitting there monitoring my concam and I noticed a streak that turned out to be a comet that no one had seen until then? It certainly could happen, most discoveries of that nature are by people that just sit and watch.

bsdwork
Asternaut

Post by bsdwork » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:56 pm

Regarding the funding issue, I think you can make this your private business. I don't really know what it would take for you to get the necessary funding, but all in all it is a viable business ranch that may be of use to others, which are interested in any of the aspects in the photos. You could specialize in watching a particular aspect in a particular domain photography, like signs that precede earthquakes for instance.
My resume is my cash advance