No Alien Visits or UFO Coverups

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Re: No Alien Visits or UFO Coverups

Post by neufer » Sat May 04, 2013 1:28 am

mjimih wrote:
Ok if they are all man made (99.9% probability)<---up from 78.2% a few days ago

then all teams are so far avoiding detection by those who are not known to them who would try to go out and find them to post their video on youtube.
  • 1) It is probably NOT "man made =99.9% probability" since some are naturally made.

2) Nobody really cares enough to bother finding the "culprits" (and certainly not 100% of the "culprits")
Art Neuendorffer

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sat May 04, 2013 1:54 am

Interesting video of crop circles known to be made by man. But somewhat short of information that I've seen on a many years earlier documentary that i saw before getting into computers.
One thing that i remember from the earlier documentary, is the study done on the actual structure of the plants that were bent. Not only did they find that microscopic iron beads were infused into the plant, but also that the internal structure of the plant was changed to accommodate the bending of it, so the plant stem didn't break. In all of the plants they examined, the internal structure was shortened proportionally in the direction of the bending. If they tried to straighten up the plant, then they broke. The internal cell structure had been shortened more and more from the outside radius of the bend, to the inside radius of the bend, as if the plants had originally grown that way.
On this video, the flattened plants are so uneven looking. It's the first thing i noticed. On the earlier documentary, the plants layed down much more smoothly.

Well, now it's onto getting man to quit playing with his food and start doing something about food shortages. Just because you can turn food into something you can burn for fuel in your car and other things, doesn't mean that you should. In case of famine, you can't eat fuel and those other things.
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

neufer

Post by neufer » Sat May 04, 2013 2:06 am

Beyond wrote:
Well, now it's onto getting man to quit playing with his food and start doing something about food shortages. Just because you can turn food into something you can burn for fuel in your car and other things, doesn't mean that you should. In case of famine, you can't eat fuel and those other things.
    • The Serenity Now

Jerry: (Crying) What--what is this salty discharge?

Elaine: Oh my God. You're crying.

Jerry: This is horrible! I care!
Art Neuendorffer

mjimih
Science Officer
AKA: Mark

Post by mjimih » Sat May 04, 2013 2:15 am

neufer wrote: 1) It is probably NOT "man made =99.9% probability" since some are naturally made.
those aren't included for me, nature is nature.
neufer wrote: 2) Nobody really cares enough to bother finding the "culprits" (and certainly not 100% of the "culprits")
certainly not 100%, but I'm sure their are some who crave attention, bragging rights, or money. Or curiously want to see for themselves the phenomena. Of course I would imagine it would be exceedingly hard to find a team in action, unless a person in the know told someone when/where they would be. They could be spotted from a road or farm. which hasn't happened yet has it? I mean there are these docu's on the net that show people camped out on hillsides waiting with night vision goggles.

ok this is your thread, I should probably leave it be. I hope I haven't sounded too stupid. I have learned a few things about this phenomena here. I realize now that there is more of a consensus that most if not all (yeeschh) can be made with rope and wood. But if I dig deeper I'll probably just get even more puzzled. There isn't any mystery I wouldn't want to try to figure out to my own satisfaction. This topic is completely weird to say the least, and won't ever be solved here. thanks for being patient with me, the overzealous ensign.
Aliens will find Earth absolutely amazingly beautiful and fragile to behold. But if they get close enough, they'll see 7,000,000,000 of us and think "Uh oh, that's a lot for such a small planet. Wonder if we should help?"

mjimih
Science Officer

Post by mjimih » Sat May 04, 2013 2:21 am

GMO's make our food "alien".
Aliens will find Earth absolutely amazingly beautiful and fragile to behold. But if they get close enough, they'll see 7,000,000,000 of us and think "Uh oh, that's a lot for such a small planet. Wonder if we should help?"

neufer

Check it out...a Yeti!

Post by neufer » Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 am

Click to play embedded YouTube video.
mjimih wrote:
neufer wrote:
Nobody really cares enough to bother finding the "culprits"
(and certainly not 100% of the "culprits")
certainly not 100%, but I'm sure their are some who crave attention, bragging rights, or money. Or curiously want to see for themselves the phenomena. Of course I would imagine it would be exceedingly hard to find a team in action, unless a person in the know told someone when/where they would be. They could be spotted from a road or farm. which hasn't happened yet has it? I mean there are these docu's on the net that show people camped out on hillsides waiting with night vision goggles.
Art Neuendorffer

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Sat May 04, 2013 4:08 am

Beyond wrote:One thing that i remember from the earlier documentary, is the study done on the actual structure of the plants that were bent. Not only did they find that microscopic iron beads were infused into the plant, but also that the internal structure of the plant was changed to accommodate the bending of it, so the plant stem didn't break. In all of the plants they examined, the internal structure was shortened proportionally in the direction of the bending. If they tried to straighten up the plant, then they broke. The internal cell structure had been shortened more and more from the outside radius of the bend, to the inside radius of the bend, as if the plants had originally grown that way.
Most "crop circle researchers" have found all kinds of things that have been debunked by serious researchers. Several were debunked in the Nat Geo doc. You were probably watching some pseudo-scientific documentary. There are plenty to be found on youtube. Most are easy to spot, especially when posted by "UFObob" or some such.
On this video, the flattened plants are so uneven looking. It's the first thing i noticed. On the earlier documentary, the plants layed down much more smoothly.
Most crop circles are made within the growing season of the crops when the crops are not stiff and brittle, and at night when the ground is more moist. The example made for the video was made during the full heat of the day on fully mature plants that had begun drying out. That was explained in the video, and the circle makers did complain about it.
Know the quiet place within your heart and touch the rainbow of possibility; be
alive to the gentle breeze of communication, and please stop being such a jerk.
— Garrison Keillor

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Re: Check it out...a Yeti!

Post by Beyond » Sat May 04, 2013 4:25 am

neufer wrote:
mjimih wrote:
neufer wrote:
Nobody really cares enough to bother finding the "culprits"
(and certainly not 100% of the "culprits")
I didn't know that Chris liked wheat thins. :mrgreen:

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sat May 04, 2013 4:40 am

bystander wrote:
Beyond wrote:One thing that i remember from the earlier documentary, is the study done on the actual structure of the plants that were bent. Not only did they find that microscopic iron beads were infused into the plant, but also that the internal structure of the plant was changed to accommodate the bending of it, so the plant stem didn't break. In all of the plants they examined, the internal structure was shortened proportionally in the direction of the bending. If they tried to straighten up the plant, then they broke. The internal cell structure had been shortened more and more from the outside radius of the bend, to the inside radius of the bend, as if the plants had originally grown that way.
Most "crop circle researchers" have found all kinds of things that have been debunked by serious researchers. Several were debunked in the Nat Geo doc. You were probably watching some pseudo-scientific documentary. There are plenty to be found on youtube. Most are easy to spot, especially when posted by "UFObob" or some such.
Most crop circles are made within the growing season of the crops when the crops are not stiff and brittle, and at night when the ground is more moist. The example made for the video was made during the full heat of the day on fully mature plants that had begun drying out. That was explained in the video, and the circle makers did complain about it.
The one they showed being made at night wasn't made in the heat of the day. And the documentary i saw on TV years ago, before i had a computer, seemed to be a normal one, like National Geographic or PBS does. They weren't trying to prove or disprove, just present what their investigation found. Of course, being an earlier one, someone could have slipped in some deceptive stuff, before it became much more fashionable than today. But overall it really doesn't matter. Things are what they are and the world is full of such stuff. I'd much rather eat the crops than go around in circles talking about them. :chomp: :yes:

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Sat May 04, 2013 5:03 am

I think it's amusing how little credit we give to our fellow human beings. If we are clever enough to build pyramids, skyscrapers, planes, computers, rocket ships and Mars rovers, certainly there are some clever crop circlers out there. It's really not that incredible or unbelievable to me. It's an impressive feat for sure, though.

Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Sat May 04, 2013 5:35 am

I once visited a a weird sort of "mystical society" which I'm not allowed to discuss here. :wink: Well, they charged a fairly stiff "entry fee" of circa $30, and then I sat on a chair for hours and listened as a woman showed us one stunning crop circle after another and explained how these circles were created due to (oops, I'm not allowed to discuss that). :wink: Be that as it may, I was definitely impressed by the crop circles, but not by the woman's explanations as to how they were created. She did say that the crude ones were man-made and the fantastic ones were made by _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _(fill in your own explanation).

The "lecture" started at seven p.m. At 10.30 someone suggested that we should have a break for some tea, coffee, sandwiches and cakes. A fairly sumptuous table was set for us, and we were told that we would be allowed to eat and drink for half an hour, after which the lecture would start again. At that time, I left! Image

Ann
Color Commentator

neufer

Post by neufer » Sat May 04, 2013 9:47 am

Beyond wrote:
I didn't know that Chris was that big :!:
Art Neuendorffer

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sat May 04, 2013 12:32 pm

neufer wrote:
Beyond wrote:
I guess you missed the picture of him astride his horse that he posted back when. Kinda reminded me of Marshall Dillon of Gun smoke. Of course when he lets his true Yeti nature show, it just adds a little to his stature. He's a Big dude, even with out letting his Abominable Snowman-ness hang out. :mrgreen:

neufer

Post by neufer » Sat May 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Beyond wrote:
neufer wrote:
Beyond wrote:
I guess you missed the picture of him astride his horse that he posted back when. Kinda reminded me of Marshall Dillon of Gun smoke. Of course when he lets his true Yeti nature show, it just adds a little to his stature. He's a Big dude, even with out letting his Abominable Snowman-ness hang out. :mrgreen:
I'm thinking more like Festus.
Art Neuendorffer

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Post by owlice » Sat May 04, 2013 2:59 pm

mjimih wrote:But if I dig deeper I'll probably just get even more puzzled.
Only if you read/listen/seriously consider as true what is available from pseudoscience sources. You might do better learning how to recognize bunk from real information.
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

mjimih
Science Officer

Post by mjimih » Sat May 04, 2013 4:33 pm

owlice wrote:
mjimih wrote:But if I dig deeper I'll probably just get even more puzzled.
Only if you read/listen/seriously consider as true what is available from pseudoscience sources. You might do better learning how to recognize bunk from real information.
first, thanks. I can always use good advice.
i try, but with an open mind, and no college degree :shock: it takes longer to sift thru the info. I do work at not being gullible, but one needs to at least look around at different points of view to see thru the fog sometimes (aka; many web sites). I took chemistry, anthropology in college, and astronomy in HS. We even had a fairly large telescope sticking out of the roof of our classroom.

the whole crop circles' thing is soo weird, I KNOW it is attracting many kooky opportunists and believers.

neufer

Post by neufer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:24 pm

http://guardianlv.com/2013/10/the-yeti-is-real-according-to-scientist/ wrote: The Yeti Is Real According to Scientist
Added by Kimberly Ruble on October 17, 2013.

<<The Yeti, which is what Bigfoot is known as in Asia, has come back into the public’s view and a very well respected British geneticist is at the middle of it all. Bryan Sykes, who is a professor and a scientist of human genetics at Oxford, has conducted DNA research on hair samples purported to be from Yetis. What he claims to have found is a chromosomal match for a prehistoric polar bear. So Bigfoot is alive, or at least his Asian cousin appears to be.

Each hair sample came from different areas high up in the Himalayan Mountains, but matched up hereditarily with a polar bear jawbone which was over 40,000 years of age that had been found in Norway. He believes that his studies show the ancient polar bears cross bred with brown bears and they ended up creating the hybrid creature which came to be known as the Yeti. When the hair samples and jawbone DNA matched up, it caused major excitement. That was an exciting and completely unexpected result that gave us all a surprise, explained Sykes.

The professor equaled mummified remains of a creature that had been given to him by an explorer over 40 years ago with hairs found from a live creature that was discovered about a decade ago. An explorer was climbing Mount Everest back in the 1950s and he helped start Sykes interest in the Yeti myth after he showed him pictures he had taken of strange footprints he found in the snow. With all this, it seems that Bigfoot is really alive, researchers are claiming. Sykes does not actually think there are prehistoric polar bears running around out in the wild, but he does think it is possible a kind of modern bear came from these lineages. The bear clarification sounds more reasonable than the gigantic hairy hominoid folklore of the Yeti. The research is also involved in a bigger project to provide chromosomal tests on alleged Bigfoot samples which have been collected all over the world. The results of his investigation of over 35 samples will be revealed at a later date.

For many years travelers have insisted that the Yeti exists, and have even given the beast the nickname the “Abominable Snowman”. Sykes knows this and added that Bigfootologists and other devotees seem to believe that they have been rejected by science. He says that science does not reject or accept anything at all. Science examines the evidence and that is what he is doing. If what Professor Sykes has researched ends up to be true, it would mean that a fourth formerly unknown type of bear hybrid is alive and well and is living up in the Himalayas. It will join up with the other known varieties of bear that are known to live in the region: the brown bear, the Asiatic black bear, and the sloth bear.>>
Art Neuendorffer

mjimih
Science Officer

Post by mjimih » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:11 pm

It's possible the bear hybrids could be really huge, have a loud howling roar, and have a habit of standing upright to look even bigger!
http://www.ligerfacts.org/

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:54 pm

MEOW

Need bigger font size than HUGE.

wonderboy
Commander
AKA: Paul

Post by wonderboy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:40 pm

I have a theory (if you can call it that) on Alien Visitation.

First off I will start a little closer to home. We as a species preserve animal that are slowly dying out to extinction. We also cull animals who are breeding close to overpopulation and we do both in what we believe are in the best interests of the larger majority. How Utilitarian.

That being said, who says that we humans are any different to other worldy beings eyes. I find it funny how Humans are all fundamentaly the same but also fundamentally different, right down to skin colour to the way our hair strands are made up. We all started (in terms of locale) in different parts of the world and slowly but surely grew and bumped into each other. We (for the most part) support different gods and deities (dependant upon origin) but these gods do the same basic things. and some of them even appear similar in trait.

who says that the earth isnt some kind of nature reserve for human kind? and the alien craft we see (if they exist) are visitors on a wee day out to come and see the silly pandas in edinburgh... oh i mean the humans on planet earth.

we cant figure out how we got here as a species, we cant figure out our beginnings we cant trace back throughout history and say, yeah we came from here.

what we do know is that there are cave drawings from thousands of years ago depicting aliens or strange beings, there are heiroglyphics also showing similar drawings of crafts and aliens (if you take the drawings literally that is) they speak of gods ascending and descending from heavens... they have forts in sayasekawan where boulders and blocks of rock have been moved up mountains when the technology didnt exist to move them, and which we would have difficulty moving even today! there are historical accounts of teleportation through a door of solid sandstone on top of a mountain in peru or somewhere.

these are facts. im not saying that the facts are factual in all cases but the fact they were reported is fact. rthe fact the symbols and heiroglyphics exist are fact. so of we humans were so clever to have supposedly build these things and communicate effictevely through the use of drawings or symbols then why would civilisations, thousands of miles apart depict similar things for a joke? much the same as aliens wouldnt travel light years to trample an ant hill why would ancient humans make up lies about gods ascending and descending from heavens and spend much of their lives depicting them in heiroglyphs and wall carvings

my point is this. for whatever reason, we as a race and i mean all races were put her by a race much more advanced than our own. and throughout the years we have been trying to find out why they come here to see us. I would say they come to visit us and check up on us and when the time is right they will sort us if needed.

we tried to communicate through stones on the ground, through pyramids, through cave drawings, through heiroglyphs, through intricate works of art, by newspaper and television, by voice and now we do it through mobile phones and youtube.

the same stuff has been happening for thousands of years, not just now. there came a point in our existence that we had to be "set free into the wild" with no alien contact. Much like a home reared chimpanzee being released back into the wild by us with no human contact so as not to drag them back. however if that chimp was going to be murdered we would step back in.

im not saying i believe what ive just written but it kind of makes sense to me.

Paul
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark" Muhammad Ali, faster than the speed of light?

mjimih
Science Officer

Post by mjimih » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:54 pm

it goes deeper and older. RNA and DNA are really really old. We share similarities and traits with the oldest of animal species.
What's amazing is how tenacious life is.

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:10 pm

You have to be an art historian and/or anthropologist to understand most of the symbolic references that people confuse with UFOs, light bulbs, Mayan apocalypses, aliens or whatever else people see. Chances are if you are feeling like ancient aliens makes any sense you've been duped by one of the many grossly uninformed purveyors of these crackpot ideas.

wonderboy
Commander

Post by wonderboy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:16 pm

well thats precisely my point. why dont we assume we haven't been duped by our ancestors messages and look at them for what they are. I do not believe that my early ancestors were THAT bad at drawing. look at these Petroglyphs from Val Camonica Italy? what are they?

(p.s. why do you need to be an art historian and/or anthropologist to interpret a drawing as easy to interpret as this one?)
Attachments
07.jpg
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark" Muhammad Ali, faster than the speed of light?

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:19 pm

I don't know anything about that specific example. I suggest you study ancient art and petroglyphs from that time period and area more broadly if you would like a more informed opinion about them.

I also highly recommend this video:

wonderboy
Commander

Post by wonderboy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:22 pm

dont go with what art historians have said or anthropolgists. what does it look like to you as another person whos early ancestor drew this?