Rendering of rogue body CFBDSIR J214947.2 and Terzan 5

See new, spectacular, or mysterious sky images.
luxorion
Ensign

Rendering of rogue body CFBDSIR J214947.2 and Terzan 5

Post by luxorion » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:37 pm

A few days ago, astronomers from ESO using the CFHT and VLT, discovered a rogue body in the AB Doradus moving stellar group (ABDMG) located 100 l.y. away.
Named CFBDSIR J214947.2-040308.9 the properties of this body are not known yet with accuracy; it can be a jovian-size exoplanet or more probably a very young and small dwarf brown star 50-120 million year old, and seems to move with the group at about 28 km/s.

Here is a rendering of this orphan body and ABDMG in front of the Terzan 5 globular cluster.

More renderings of exoplanets, peculiar celestial bodies and space missions are available at
http://www.astrosurf.com/luxorion/alien ... erings.htm

Thierry Lombry
LUXORION
Last edited by luxorion on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Re: Rendering of rogue body CFBDSIR J214947.2 and Terzan 5

Post by Chris Peterson » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:55 pm

luxorion wrote:A few days ago, astronomers from ESO using the CFHT and VLT, discovered a rogue body in the AB Doradus moving stellar group (ABDMG) located 49 l.y. away.
Named CFBDSIR J214947.2-040308.9 the properties of this body are not known yet; it can be a terrestrial-size exoplanet or more probably a dwarf brown star, and seems to move with the triple stellar group at about 28 km/s.

Here is a rendering of this orphan body and ABDMG in front of the Terzan 5 globular cluster.

More renderings of exoplanets, peculiar celestial bodies and space missions are available at
http://www.astrosurf.com/luxorion/alien ... erings.htm
What's with the little motion lines? Nothing like that would be visible, so I assume you're just trying to give the impression of movement? I think I'd like it better without that- something more real and less cartoonish in that respect.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

luxorion
Ensign

Post by luxorion » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi Chris,
Good to know that you are here also ;-)
Indeed rendering the movement in a still image is not easy... !
I think that you right, all the more that at first sight there is no gas ejected by this body (contrary e.g. to exoplant Osiris), so I removed these trails. It looks better and more familiar now ;-)
Thanks for the suggestion.

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Art Neuendorffer