Weather!

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
rstevenson
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Re: Weather!

Post by rstevenson » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:11 am

NBA weather!

Moonlady
Selenian

Post by Moonlady » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:49 am

DO NOT COME CLOSER TO MY POST!

I catched a cold! VIRUSES
:evil:

Update your Anti-Virus software!

It was raining all night and morning and in the afternoon, there was sunshine and I cycled, then , me got hit by little multiple things falling from
grey sky and I got a free shower. BUT I took a picture from the short sunshine episode before :lol2: ....now I am sneezing :cry: :roll:
Attachments
a dwarf star luminating over me
a dwarf star luminating over me

TNT
Science Officer

Post by TNT » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:03 am

Finally! We had a little rain yesterday and temperatures are starting to go down. Unfortunately they will go back up by next weekend.
The following statement is true.
The above statement is false.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:23 am

Global warming? HAH!! For almost a week now the nightime tempretures have been 60'F or below, here in N/E Connecticut. The last 2-nights were 55'F. Tonight, already, It's down to 50'F. I had to close my windows early. Well, the good news is that It's been nice in the day-time. About 80'F for the high, and not too much humidity. And here it is almost half-way through July.
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Post by owlice » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:06 am

Beyond, do you want to trade your weather of the past week for mine of the past week?
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:46 am

Beyond wrote:Global warming? HAH!! For almost a week now the nightime tempretures have been 60'F or below, here in N/E Connecticut. The last 2-nights were 55'F. Tonight, already, It's down to 50'F. I had to close my windows early. Well, the good news is that It's been nice in the day-time. About 80'F for the high, and not too much humidity. And here it is almost half-way through July.
We are having daytime temperatures below 60'F (around 59F, or at least that's what 15 degrees Celsius corresponds to, according to Orin).

But I still believe in global warming, although the warming will not necessarily lead to a warming of Scandinavia.

Ann
Color Commentator

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:09 am

owlice wrote:Beyond, do you want to trade your weather of the past week for mine of the past week?
No way Jose er, owlice. Ha-ha, you're going to have to change your handle a bit to something like... owlmelted, owlblown-away, owlsoaked, anything but ice, unless you had hail :!: I wouldn't mind parting with some night-time cool to help you take the edge off your daytime roasting. Feel free to pick up a big load of cool anytime.
emo62.gif
emo62.gif (4.15 KiB) Viewed 1114 times

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:14 am

Ann wrote:But I still believe in global warming, although the warming will not necessarily lead to a warming of Scandinavia.
IF it did, they would have to air-condition all the sauna's, instead of heating them. :lol2:

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Temperature wise we have had a little relief; but like most of the Country we need some rain!
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:16 pm

One week update; and like the rest of the country Still HOT! and no relief in sight! The lowest temperature on the 10 day forecast is 91F; a week from tomorrow! :cry:
Orin

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:13 pm

I tried to check my weather all yesterday afternoon, but gave up. There was too much thunder and lightning and walls of water comeing down. But i did notice that it dropped from 90'F to 70'F in just about a minute. So the weather i had, was... cooler. Yea!

Gee, orin, you're HOT stuff! I have a 7-day forcast, and the highest tempreture listed is 88'F, but that's for the city. I'm out in the country where It's usually 10' cooler.

TNT
Science Officer

Post by TNT » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:02 am

Orin, you're getting off a little better than me! The lowest temperature on our ten-day forecast is 96° and the highest temperature is 108°. Last night there were a few tenths of an inch of rain with several thunderstorms which just added to the humidity.

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:31 am

TNT wrote:Orin, you're getting off a little better than me! The lowest temperature on our ten-day forecast is 96° and the highest temperature is 108°. Last night there were a few tenths of an inch of rain with several thunderstorms which just added to the humidity.
Oh well; they updated it. It was supposed to get to 97 today and made 101! They added 4 days over 100 and that Thursday that was supposed to be 91 is now 94; so I'm getting close to your heat! :shock: I haven't seen rain for quite a while! I think we got an inch in early June and couple of quickies that produced about .03 hundreds. I don't see any on the forecast either. :cry: You can keep that 108; though Sunday is predicted to reach 105.
Orin

TNT
Science Officer

Post by TNT » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:01 am

orin stepanek wrote:Oh well; they updated it. It was supposed to get to 97 today and made 101! They added 4 days over 100 and that Thursday that was supposed to be 91 is now 94; so I'm getting close to your heat! :shock: I haven't seen rain for quite a while! I think we got an inch in early June and couple of quickies that produced about .03 hundreds. I don't see any on the forecast either. :cry: You can keep that 108; though Sunday is predicted to reach 105.
Only four days over 100? This whole week is going to be over 100° and possibly 110° a couple days. The real heat begins next month, though - not looking forward to that. :(

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:40 am

I almost don't want to mention my 43'F tempreture this morning. I took a picture of the thermometer, but my camera software said there was no images. unfortunately for the camera, i was looking at the image. After a few rounds of of that horse poop, my former Canon A490 zoomed in on the floor, twice.
It now resides in a big black plastic bag with 'other' stuff, awaiting a ride to the transfer station. All the software for it has been deleted. May it all rest in well deserved misery. Yea!

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:44 pm

It was 43° here, yesterday. Celcius.
Know the quiet place within your heart and touch the rainbow of possibility; be
alive to the gentle breeze of communication, and please stop being such a jerk.
— Garrison Keillor

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:07 pm

bystander wrote:
It was 43° here, yesterday. Celcius.
Art Neuendorffer

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:58 pm

It's the war between F' and C'. It screws up everything. Even spelling :!:
emo78.gif
emo78.gif (8.55 KiB) Viewed 1016 times

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Beyond wrote:It's the war between F' and C'. It screws up everything. Even spelling :!:
F-prime and C-prime?
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Chris Peterson wrote:
Beyond wrote:It's the war between F' and C'. It screws up everything. Even spelling :!:
F-prime and C-prime?
I don't know what you mean by that, but i do know you forgot to include the two-->'.

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Beyond wrote:
Chris Peterson wrote:
F-prime and C-prime?
I don't know what you mean by that, but i do know you forgot to include the two-->'.
Prime.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:02 am

GAD's :!: There just ain't nuthin' simple anymore. F' & C' as in degrees of tempreture, which is -prime-, ifin it feels goood.

Moonlady
Selenian

Post by Moonlady » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:19 am

Beyond wrote:I almost don't want to mention my 43'F tempreture this morning. I took a picture of the thermometer, but my camera software said there was no images. unfortunately for the camera, i was looking at the image. After a few rounds of of that horse poop, my former Canon A490 zoomed in on the floor, twice.
It now resides in a big black plastic bag with 'other' stuff, awaiting a ride to the transfer station. All the software for it has been deleted. May it all rest in well deserved misery. Yea!
Beyond, I am sorry for your loss :cry:
I made a picture just for you! So don't cry.

NEUFER, I didn't know that you like rap-music, cause how would you know him :wink: :lol2:

My weather-station says:
1. 22°C-24°C
2. It is staying sunny day that for a while :D
Attachments
my weather station
my weather station
reality check out of my window
reality check out of my window

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:00 pm

Moonlady, I'm rather glad to finally get rid of that pocket camera, so it's not a loss, to me. Nice picture you made for me. I'm curious as to how come you have a light purple sky where you are. Anything strange going on at your place? Alien's? U.F.O.'s? Parliment agreeing on something? Perhaps it's National Grape juice day?

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Moonlady wrote:I made a picture just for you! So don't cry.
Despite your name, I always assumed you lived here on the Earth. Now that I've seen the view from your window, I realize that you actually live on one of the planets explored in the original Star Trek series. Moonlady, indeed!
rigelvii-tosr.jpg
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory