Recent Submissions: 2012 April 5-9

See new, spectacular, or mysterious sky images.
Ann
4725 Å

Re: Recent Submissions: 2012 April 5-9

Post by Ann » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:36 am

A few comments here.

Wow, Harel Boren, that looks like a shadowy cosmic wolf or crocodile about to capture a blue and orange stellar tidbit!

It's always nice to see the Hickson 44 group, which I think of as the NGC 3190 group. Thank you, Markus!

Marc, that's a fine picture of Jones Emberson 1. I like the colors.

Randy Shivak, that's a fine solar flare, and you have certainly brought out a lot of detail in the photosphere (chromosphere?) of the Sun.

Robert Pölzl, NGC 3521 is a very interesting galaxy, with an extremely bright halo. Your picture shows diffuse light coming out in various places around the disk of this galaxy. Thanks for photographing it.

That's a fine portrait of M101, Terry Hancock.

Hung-Hsuan Yen, that's a fine portrait of the Milky Way over Lake Jiaming.

ki_cz, all your pictures of the Moon over Prague are very beautiful.

Oleg Bryzgalov, I like it! The distant globular cluster NGC 2419, with its white core and a swarm of orange giants around it, and then those two blue A-type foreground stars seemingly next to the globular. That's a fine picture!

Seantos, it took me a little while to find the Horsehead in your image! I didn't expect it to be "upside down", although of course there is no up or down in space. I like the deep blue-violet color of your picture.

astrofotoplanetaria, that's an impressive mountain range on the Moon.

avdhoeven, I like it! I have seen the Hubble image of overlapping galaxies NGC 3314 before, but I like your version better. NGC 1376 looks fine, and I can't remember having seen it before. The M77 portrait is impressive, as you say. To me the colors are a bit weird, but you sure had to work with a confusing and not altogether "logical" data set. Very well done!

Robert Pölzl, I like your Moon and castle images.

Martin Bernier, that's a fine portrait of M51.

Mike Berenson, that's a fine portrait of the Milky Way over Glacier Gorge.

Behyar Bakhshandeh, that's a fascinating contrail shadow!

César Cantú, your Sun portraits are great as always!

Francesc Pruneda, is that color of the Moon for real? :shock:

Jesper Grønne, what a splendid corona! It is fascinating that they can be so strongly colored. I have seen colored coronas before, of course, but never any that were as colorful as this one. Unfortunately, the skies over Denmark and southern Sweden were often like this during and before Easter, which prevented me from seeing the Pleiades next to Venus!

Bud Branch, your star trails are impressive, and I like that colors of your picture.

Martin Bernier, I'm always glad to see richly starforming galaxy NGC 4236.

Lynn Hilborn, that's scary!

Thanks to everyone who contributed images here!

Ann
Color Commentator

etiqi
Ensign

Re: Recent Submissions: 2012 April 5-9

Post by etiqi » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Ann wrote:Francesc Pruneda, is that color of the Moon for real? :shock:
Yes!! I have changed no color!! :D

Regards!