What Color Gown Will Kim Kardashian Wear on Her Wedding Day?

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:37 pm

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2011/08/17/kim-kardashian-wedding-dress-color/?xid=rss-topheadlines wrote:
Aug 17 2011 03:00 PM ET

<<Will Kim Kardashian make her wedding gown her “something blue”? Or will she pick pink, like Reese Witherspoon? Maybe red or navy, to pay homage to fiancé Kris Humphries’s New Jersey Nets? Whatever color she chooses, it seems like Kardashian may be going the nontraditional route with her wedding dress hue for Saturday night’s nuptials. The reality star’s wedding invitation mandates a black-tie dress code, and guests were instructed to “please wear black or white.” Perhaps not-so-coincidentally, her wedding invitation was black and white, and her shower stuck to that color scheme, too. So what have Kardashian and Vera Wang created? Will the bride choose a white gown and keep up the color coordination? Will it complement the green bridesmaid dresses? We’ll find out Saturday, but in the meantime, tell us what you think.>>
Art Neuendorffer

Ann
4725 Å

Re: What Color Gown Will Kim Kardashian Wear on Her Wedding

Post by Ann » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:48 am

Kim who?

Ann
Color Commentator

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:38 am

Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:09 am

Whatever color she picks, what will be up for debate later is whether or not the photographer captured it properly. If it's taken in sunlight we will have to take the sun's influence into account.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:28 am

geckzilla wrote:Whatever color she picks, what will be up for debate later is whether or not the photographer captured it properly. If it's taken in sunlight we will have to take the sun's influence into account.
My interest in color assessment doesn't include bridal outfits, geckzilla.

But of course, someone else may be nitpicking whether the photographic print got the, say, yellow-green dots on the cerise background correctly, or if the whole thing came out slightly too puke-colored. (Objection: I can't find a proper puke color among the available fonts.)

Ann
Last edited by Ann on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Color Commentator

rstevenson
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Post by rstevenson » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Ann wrote:... (Objection: I can't find a proper puke color among the available fonts.)
Given the wide variety of foods human beans consume, it's hard to imagine what a "proper" puke colour would be. Possibilities include post-blueberry pie puke versus post-pea soup puke versus ... , well, you get the idea I'm sure. I once saw water-clear puke in living "colour" -- and I now wish I could forget the sight.

Now what was the topic of this thread? ... Oh yes, poor Kim Whosit's nuptials wrap. My guess is black. Really. Black.

Rob

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Well, it should. I think it would be a lot easier since we would be dealing strictly with the visible part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

BMAONE23
Commentator Model 1.23

Post by BMAONE23 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:14 pm

who cares?????

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Come on, B, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. This is important business. The color of the dress will dictate the color for everything else. No one within a mile of the dress will be allowed to wear the same color so you better make sure you are dressed properly if you are nearby.

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:46 pm

There is no such thing as "real black", according to Bob Berman. In Astronomy magazine, August 2011, Berman writes under the headline, "When black is white":
Nothing is really black or white. It's not an inherent property, like grouchiness.

Here is my favorite example. Shiny white printer paper is 20 times more reflective than a black cat. And the Sun is 450,000 times brighter than the Full Moon. In either sunlight or moonlight, copy paper looks white while our kitten appears black. But what if you could magically transport that sunny black cat - keeping it illuminated by sunlight - into the moonlit scene? Doing the math, it's obvious the cat would no longer be black. It wouldn't even be merely white. It would now be so dazzling, so blindingly white, that it would make everything around it cast shadows. That sunlit cat is 20,000 times whiter and brighter than the moonlit paper. You'd have trouble looking at it until your eyes adjusted, at which point the paper would appear jet black.
So even if Kim Who decides to wear a black bridal dress, it isn't difficult, in principle, to make that black outfit white. We just have to illuminate it sufficiently, and keep the light closely trained on Kim and away from everything else all the time.

Ann
Color Commentator

BMAONE23
Commentator Model 1.23

Post by BMAONE23 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Perhaps she will do the right thing and wear cellophane :mrgreen:

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:12 pm

From what was written about the wedding, it was -ivory-. It was filmed and will be shown in september. What a difference in height between her and her husband. Gee... i can't wait. :roll:
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

eleanormars
Ensign

Post by eleanormars » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:00 am

oh quick somebody look for paparazzi pictures online! we must know everything about it, about the dress, about the shoes, the makeup! how much stuff they ate, and who attended.

yawn. :|