a question about APOD

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
Vivian
Ensign

a question about APOD

Post by Vivian » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:57 pm

If I'm free, I will read APOD everyday. But there is a question I've wanted to ask. You see, at the end of every passage, there is a link to tomorrow's picture. But if I want to see "yesterday's picture", I have to "search" the picture I want. So the question is, is there any easier access to "yesterday's picture"?

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Re: a question about APOD

Post by Chris Peterson » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:24 pm

Vivian wrote:If I'm free, I will read APOD everyday. But there is a question I've wanted to ask. You see, at the end of every passage, there is a link to tomorrow's picture. But if I want to see "yesterday's picture", I have to "search" the picture I want. So the question is, is there any easier access to "yesterday's picture"?
Are you looking at the menu across the bottom of the page? The arrow at the left (actually a less-than symbol) links to the previous day's page.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

emc
Equine Locutionist
AKA: Bear

Post by emc » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi Vivian,

Also, notice the Archive link next to the left most symbol that Chris is referring... that will take you to all the APODs since the beginning.
Ed
Casting Art to the Net
Sometimes the best path is a new one.

BMAONE23
Commentator Model 1.23

Post by BMAONE23 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Vivian wrote:If I'm free, I will read APOD everyday. But there is a question I've wanted to ask. You see, at the end of every passage, there is a link to tomorrow's picture. But if I want to see "yesterday's picture", I have to "search" the picture I want. So the question is, is there any easier access to "yesterday's picture"?
There is also this link that allows you to call up a calendar of sorts with thumbnail links to that particular month of APOD images

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:44 pm

I would prefer the calendar to the archives list because it takes awhile for the archive list to download! The calendar downloads instantly. Both are great for finding past APODs.
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

Vivian
Ensign

Post by Vivian » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:54 am

Ar...I understand. Thank you all...