APOD: M33: Triangulum Galaxy (2010 Dec 03)

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Re: APOD: M33: Triangulum Galaxy (2010 Dec 03)

Post by neufer » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:40 pm

beyond wrote:
Neufer-neufer, He's our man; if he can't find information on it, no-one can. Inner-space outer-space really doesn't matter, He'll get you the information quicker than a Mad Hatter. It may not be quite what you were looking for, but then again - it's never a bore. He'll throw at you facts and figures and even a little folk-lore. His loquacious way is known far and wide and from it HE cannot hide. Though he may speak from many a name, the end result is always the same.
There-fore today, in his Honor, i present a new term -- Neufermation. You could say it is very Artsy.
Well, I couldn't write my own poem for Owlice, so I guess this is the next best thing. :D
Art Neuendorffer

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Post by owlice » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:38 pm

beyond wrote:There-fore today, in his Honor, i present a new term -- Neufermation. You could say it is very Artsy.
lol!! Oh, that's great!!
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:31 pm

neufer wrote:
beyond wrote:
Neufer-neufer, He's our man; if he can't find information on it, no-one can. Inner-space outer-space really doesn't matter, He'll get you the information quicker than a Mad Hatter. It may not be quite what you were looking for, but then again - it's never a bore. He'll throw at you facts and figures and even a little folk-lore. His loquacious way is known far and wide and from it HE cannot hide. Though he may speak from many a name, the end result is always the same.
There-fore today, in his Honor, i present a new term -- Neufermation. You could say it is very Artsy.
Well, I couldn't write my own poem for Owlice, so I guess this is the next best thing. :D
Hmmm...now i have to find something that rhymes with plagiarism :!:
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Post by owlice » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:45 am

neufer wrote: Well, I couldn't write my own poem for Owlice, so I guess this is the next best thing. :D
I didn't see this earlier! And I'm shocked, shocked, I tell you, to read that you could not write your own poem. I just cannot believe it! A man of your talents, wit, vocabulary, intellect, literary acumen, Googling abilities and familiarity with haikus and limericks, to say nothing of your wardrobe of red boots and purple sweatshirts, could surely manage a little poem!

I... I... I feel all woozy at your declaration of inability. The world is atilt, the stars are swimming in the heavens.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Owlice, in all fairness you should give him the benefit of the doubt of his being completely overwhelmed by the the new descriptive term that was done in Honor of what He does. Apparently it left him speechless and it's taking him a short time to re-adjust. I am sure that he will shortly be back to his "Neufermation" self and doing what He does best -- putting out neufermation AND writing you a poem. So in the meantime, perhaps this will tide you over?
An Ode to an owl;
How do i love thee, let me count the ways.
(1)-from afar - for owls are wary birds.
(2)-From close-up - My what big brown eyes you have.
(3)-from even closer with thick gloves - owls have very sharp talons.
(4)-With dead mice - owls are always hungry.
(5)-With a preening fork - so your feathers will always be in place and you will always look lovely.
(6)-From afar - as you leave at dusk to silently journey through the darkness of night.
(7)-by hearing your call from the distant forrest - I know that you DO give a Hoot for me.

I really must stop drinking these strange smelling multi-color drinks at Milliways. They make getting off the bar stool an adventure!

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Post by owlice » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:14 pm

: falls over laughing! :

O, beyond, I'm SO glad I was eating my toast rather than swilling my cuppa joe, or I should have surely needed to issue an RKA (ruined keyboard alert)!! As it is, I have some crumbs to clean up, and there's peanut butter on the wall. Well worth the clean-up effort, that was; thank you very much!!

So if neufer is getting back to his "Neufermation" self, does that mean he is reneufermating? Perhaps he should sell tickets; I think I'd like to see this!

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:44 pm

ME TOO!!

alphachapmtl
Ensign

Post by alphachapmtl » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:55 pm

owlice wrote:
Patiently waiting Yogi wrote:Spiral arms are essentially fixed standing waves and stars orbit into the concave side of these arms and come out the convex side of these arms.
So the arms aren't rotating, the galaxy as a whole doesn't rotate? Stars pass through them as they rotate around the galactic center; the composition of the arms change as stars move through them, is that right?
Same thing with water wave. A wave may cross the ocean, but the water doesn't travel with the wave.

alphachapmtl
Ensign

Post by alphachapmtl » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:56 pm

owlice wrote:: falls over laughing! :

O, beyond, I'm SO glad I was eating my toast rather than swilling my cuppa joe, or I should have surely needed to issue an RKA (ruined keyboard alert)!! As it is, I have some crumbs to clean up, and there's peanut butter on the wall. Well worth the clean-up effort, that was; thank you very much!!

So if neufer is getting back to his "Neufermation" self, does that mean he is reneufermating? Perhaps he should sell tickets; I think I'd like to see this!
What is a "cuppa joe"?

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Post by owlice » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:57 pm

A cuppa joe is a cup of coffee.