Cloud Formation

See new, spectacular, or mysterious sky images.
Hofi
Ensign

Cloud Formation

Post by Hofi » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:52 pm

Hello,

here is one of my latest Sky Images:
img01.jpg
This image shows a cloud formation above lake Neusiedler See in Burgenland/Austria/Europe. The point of view is the small city Rust in Burgenland. The image is looking into western direction. On the upper left of the image, you can see planet Venus shining brief before set. The color of the image is caused by the broken light of the set sun.
Best wishes,
Thomas Hofstätter

http://hidden-space.at.tf

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Re: Cloud Formation

Post by Beyond » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:04 am

Hofi, do you know what the object is in the middle of the picture 3/4 of an inch down from the top? I think there is something more on the right side that you can't tell is there on the small picture. There is also a short red line on a yellow part of a cloud that i saw on the big picture.
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

Hofi
Ensign

Post by Hofi » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:13 am

Hello beyond,

I didn't find the red line you pointed out on the picture. Perhaps, you can mark it for me.

The other object, you have found, is probably a plane or a bird. You have to know that lake Neusiedler See lies near to the Vienna International Airport and is a place for thousands of birds.
Best wishes,
Thomas Hofstätter

BMAONE23
Commentator Model 1.23

Post by BMAONE23 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:10 pm

There is something out of focus top center in the large image as well as something near the right side, nearly even with venus and as far in from the right side as venus is from the left. This object resembles a jet at altitude and is perfectly in line with the bright cloud bar (contrail?) on the left.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Hofi - After what you said about an airport being near by, the dark red line is most likely a plane. You can see it by clicking on the image to bring up the bigger version. Set the vertical and horizontal scroll bars to the center position. You should then be able to see the bright yellow-white tube cloud on the left side of your screen and the dark red line on the right side of your screen about two inches or so off the bottom of the screen near the top of the yellower part of the clouds. I have a 24 inch screen so you may have to scroll right a little more.

Hofi
Ensign

Post by Hofi » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:02 am

Well,

it seems as if there were more planes and birds than I realized while taking the photo. In my opinion, it makes the photo quite interesting!
Best wishes,
Thomas Hofstätter

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:59 am

Yes, it does. Especially when you get a head on view. Makes it look kinda UFOish. Of course you do need a good magnifying glass.