Square moon craters?

The cosmos at our fingertips.
neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Square moon craters?

Post by neufer » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:12 pm

http://www.controversial-science.com/artifacts/compelling-lunar-anomalies.html wrote:
<<Following is one of at least 12 known versions of Apollo 10 frame AS10-32-4822. (Exactly why there are a dozen or more versions of this frame is outside the scope of this brief overview, though that fact begs some explanation by the space agency.) Though it is inexplicably blacked out in the official NASA image catalogue, frame "4822" can still be ordered from the space agency. The image shows a number of striking anomalies, not the least of which is a vast region of rectilinear structure looking for all the world like an extremely dilapidated city (hence its nickname "L.A. on the moon"). Other strange features include a peculiar square "crater" scored by razor straight notches and surrounded by honeycomb like "mountains.">>

http://www.ufomystic.com/2007/11/14/square-craters-moon/ wrote:
  • …there are only two possible over-all conclusions:
    The first is that I have applied procrustean reasoning to an accident of nature; in short, that I am seeing things that are not there. The second is that we are confronted with an alien artifact at least 3.9 billion years old and of truly colossal proportions.
http://near.jhuapl.edu/iod/20000919/index.html
Art Neuendorffer

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Re: Square moon craters?

Post by orin stepanek » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:19 pm

Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:59 pm

here's some more squares http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... st26sep_1/ I think It would be interesting to explore the area. :shock: :)
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

NoelC
Creepy Spock

Post by NoelC » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:24 pm

The effect from nearly parallel streams of ejecta from large impacts off at positions 90 degrees from the geography in question?

-Noel

wonderboy
Commander
AKA: Paul

Post by wonderboy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:26 am

It would definetely be interesting to explore the area, I remember reading somewhere that dome like structures were seen on the moon (covered in regolith mind) which these madmen who found them claimed to be cities for that they should have been ejecta'd from the planet at 90 degrees.

Paul.
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark" Muhammad Ali, faster than the speed of light?

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:11 pm

wonderboy wrote:It would definetely be interesting to explore the area, I remember reading somewhere that dome like structures were seen on the moon (covered in regolith mind) which these madmen who found them claimed to be cities for that they should have been ejecta'd from the planet at 90 degrees.
You are probably referring to Richard Hoagland's City at Cydonia. I wonder if he should be joined on his trip away from the planet by white hole onion theorists.

wonderboy
Commander
AKA: Paul

Post by wonderboy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:38 pm

hahahah well i suppose thats whats known as a touche! Each to their own is the lesson which I have learnt.

Paul.
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark" Muhammad Ali, faster than the speed of light?