Mirror imaged in a higher dimension

The cosmos at our fingertips.
Eternity
Asternaut

Mirror imaged in a higher dimension

Post by Eternity » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:56 am

Hi everybody!

This is just hypothetical. Could it be that only one Galaxy exists in our universe, and all the others are mirror imaged at a higher dimension or intelligence, which is calculating everything so we see what we see? Which are the proofs against this (maybe unrealistic) hypothesis?
Last edited by Eternity on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aristarchusinexile
Commander
AKA: Sputnick

Re: Mirror imaged in a higher dimension

Post by aristarchusinexile » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:50 pm

Eternity wrote:Hi everybody!

This is just hypothetical. Could it be that only one Galaxy exists in our universe, and all the others are mirror imaged at a higher dimension or intelligence, which is calculating everything so we see what we see? Which are the proofs against this (maybe unrealistic) hypothesis?

Thanks for the answers!
I think you're being ignored.
Duty done .. the rain will stop as promised with the rainbow.
"Abandon the Consensus for Individual Thought"

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:10 pm

why stop, at other galaxies, how about everything we see imaged by intelligence? have you seen the matrix movie from 1999?

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:28 pm

Eternity wrote:Which are the proofs against this (maybe unrealistic) hypothesis?
That's not the way science is supposed to work. Theories (hypotheses) are to be proven, not disproven, although sometimes in attempting to prove a hypothesis, we find it is false. The burden is upon you to prove your hypothesis, not for us to disprove it.

Superdoc
Ensign

Post by Superdoc » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Which are the proofs against this (maybe unrealistic) hypothesis?
Our ancient philosophers use to think this way untill Science got evolved with technology in rise i suppose.

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:54 pm

Superdoc wrote:Our ancient philosophers use to think this way untill Science got evolved with technology in rise i suppose.
Huh??? :? What does this mean?

Eternity
Asternaut

Post by Eternity » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:59 pm

This is Eternity: It was just a little bit a -I know- provocative idea to inspire and stretch the imagination; and I simply didn't know if there are real proves against it. Of course, I myself can't prove it since I am not an astronomer and I am also convinced that the picture of our universe we are having is -more or less, as far it concerns our realities- correct. Still thanks for the answers for this special question..

bongman
Ensign

Post by bongman » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:21 pm

I have always thought that the Supermassive black holes at the center of Galaxys are "attached" to one another. for example... stars falling into our own (sagA*) would then be deposited by exiting another supermassive black hole (say in Andromeda)

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:48 pm

bongman wrote:I have always thought that the Supermassive black holes at the center of Galaxys are "attached" to one another. for example... stars falling into our own (sagA*) would then be deposited by exiting another supermassive black hole (say in Andromeda)
The problem with that is nothing ever leaves a black hole. Maybe in another dimension. :wink:

bongman
Ensign

Post by bongman » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:57 pm

other then the Physics of a black hole state otherwise (once in, no information leaves) its still interesting to wonder where things go once they pass the event horizion, maybe it all exits outside the Hubble sphere haha